The addiction begins

distortion69

Limp Gawd
Me and my friend are starting to organize our cases, this is his first. We both have Ultra Grid's. His is an amd x2 3600 overclocked to 2.8ghz, and mine will soon be a core 2 duo as I got rid of my AMD setup.

Unfortunately his has the black side, and mine has the clear window.. He has the 500w, and I have the 700w.. I love these cases..

In any event, here's what we have gotten started with:

pc1zo3.jpg

Here is a pic of the case.. I love the cases:

pc3qv2.jpg

Note the fan on the 8800gts video card. It dropped the temperature to 46C at idle, and 60C under a load after any period of time (tested up to 30 minutes).. A nice 3 degree drop at idle, and even more under load. I did not think this would do much. We put it blowing outwards so it would suck out of the card of course pull air through the heatsync and out of the card. The only logical placement, of course.

In any event, I will be ordering some loom, some clips, and the such to try to actually get cleaner.

Any suggestions or feedback? This is his first pc build, and my first since 1995 or so, lol.

Please excuse the cellphone pics, he has no cam, and I left mine at home.

Josh

Looks good Josh :cool:

The wires could be a little neater but I'm just nit picking as that's all I notice.

Downsize the pictures in MS Paint by 50%, and it might make the picture a little better looking. And easier to see.

Looks good Josh :cool:

The wires could be a little neater but I'm just nit picking as that's all I notice.

Yes, more work will be done with the wires.. any suggestions? Going to get an SATA to get rid of the unsightly thick IDE ribbon.. Going to also order some wire loom and try to loom the 24 pin and some of the wires beside it into one thick bundle. There is a few places that could be drilled in the case that would also allow better routing that will probably take place in the future as well.

Thanks for feedback.

Josh

what are your temps for the x2 3600? back when i had an x2 3800 i couldn't get it above 2.5 or so without a nuclear meltdown

I'm claustorphobic and that case being in my peripheral like that would kill me. Then again, I can't got an MRI to save my life :(

Looks good, better than my wires.

Yes, more work will be done with the wires.. any suggestions? Going to get an SATA to get rid of the unsightly thick IDE ribbon.. Going to also order some wire loom and try to loom the 24 pin and some of the wires beside it into one thick bundle. There is a few places that could be drilled in the case that would also allow better routing that will probably take place in the future as well.

Thanks for feedback.

Josh

get some sleeving + heat shrink tubing, would give the wires a "uniform" look.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys.. going to start doing some more to it in the next few weeks. Gotta get my new box up and running and wires configured. Luckily I have a modular power supply waiting for the new box, so it will be a little easier.

Josh

Back