The absolute best WIRELESS gaming mouse+keyboard under $50.00?

DreamBliss

Limp Gawd
This one will not be easy to answer.

I want a wireless keybaord and mouse, both, under $50.00.

By best I mean:
1. They are of decent quality.
2. I can plug them into the back of my computer 8 feet away and suffer no issues.
3. The mouse has at least one additional button beyond right, left, scrollwheel.
4. The mouse has high DPI and is deadly accurate.
5. Hopefully the manufacturer is cool enough to include a good mousepad.

Alternatively I would not mind a fully programmable gamepad. By that I mean that I can use it for any game, emulating mouse buttons and movement if needed. Eying the Steam controller right now. I figure the Microsoft Xbox 360 PC controller is also a god bet.

Using this on a Windows 7 64-bit system in Unreal Tournament 2015 pre-alpha. My mouse is getting non-responsive. Time to throw out my $20.00 Logitech crap.

If you are selling a gently (AND I MEAN GENTLY!!!) used keyboard/mouse/pad combo, or want to sell one, send me a PM with details being sure to honor the rules of the forum. Details include how long and hard you have used it, current condition in exacting detail, the specifics of the mouse, keyboard and their range, any damage, and your asked for price+shipping.

If you have something that still has life in it, but isn't worth a lot, yet would meet my needs for a few months, go ahead and tell me about it via PM. I love free stuff and humbly accept all donations, as anything is better than what I have right now! Perfectly willing to pay for shipping for an item that you know you could not sell for much anywhere because it has been used so much. But it does have to be fully functional and working. Slight bugs due to the hard use are OK. But keys that don't type and mouse buttons that don't work are not.

I appreciate your help with this issue. Suggestions on the best kinds of wireless mice and keyboards to use is also appreciated.

Last edited:
Of the three terms: Wireless, Gaming, Cheap - you can only pick two.
Cheap wireless often doesn't meet the standards for gaming, wireless gaming isn't cheap, and cheap gaming exists but they're not wireless. Your best bet is probably picking up a Microsoft, Logitech, Rosewill, or Dynex combo (or mix and match) and hope that it meets your needs for gaming. Unless some Black Friday / Cyber Monday miracle happens, I doubt you'll even be able to get a NKRO keyboard for under $50, but I wish you the best of luck.

Also, if you want quality used components, you might want to place a WTB in the FS/FT section; maybe you'll get lucky.

gaming and wireless do not go hand in hand my friend. Especially under $50.00. I run a large WoW raiding guild and I can't tell you how many times someones mouse/keyboard has died on a raider mid fight and ruined an attempt and/or created a bit of downtime.

keyboards will all generally function the same if using USB. Don't let the Mech guys fool you into thing you'll perform better. A nicer keyboard will feel more satisfying though. Get a cheap dell or find a rosewill mechanical.

A good mouse will help though. Shooters people usually recommend steel series or zowie. I personally really like Mionix as I have larger hands.

Well then let's focus on cheap wireless first. What would my best choices for mouse and a keyboard be? Doesn't have to be a combo. Mouse has to have at least 4 buttons.

Next let's focus on a mouse only. Is there a good wired gaming mouse with an 8' or longer cord or a decent wireless gaming mouse under $50.00? I don't care about latency. Just that when I move the mouse in a game to turn I actually turn, unlike my current mouse which leaves me going straight ahead.

I think I have what I want for the mouse figured out... If its wired, I need a long cord, 8' or more. Wired or wireless I would like a thumb button on the left side (I am right-handed.) At least one thumb button, no more than 2. i would like to keep away from these skinny buttons.

I don't mind mixing and matching stuff, having a wired mouse and wireless keyboard, one brand of mouse and another brand of keyboard, etc. Looking into the Microsoft Comfort Sculpt sets right now.

For the keyboard a slight ergonomic style would be nice, like the Logitech Waves or Microsoft Scuplts.

Thanks for your posts and help so far.

Well you don't have the account for wire length in your search. Any mouse or keyboard cord length can be extended with a 97 cent USB extender.

Well you don't have the account for wire length in your search. Any mouse or keyboard cord length can be extended with a 97 cent USB extender.

This.. hit up monoprice, get a 10' USB extension cable and a USB hub. Even an unpowered hub will work for a mouse and keyboard.

OK, I need some sort of buyer's guide for hubs. If I could get a 6' USB 3.0 that would be fine. But is there such a thing as one that is not powered? Is it better or worse to get one that is not powered? What about these that have a power connector on one end and a USB connector on the other, essentially getting power from the USB port. Better or worse?

I think I would like to start with something that is not powered, 3 '- 6' cord, USB 3.0. Recommendations?

Thank you for the advice. Guess I will go wired with a hub.

Last edited:
You don't need a powered hub for a mouse and keyboard, those devices don't require hardly any power to work. Powered hubs are something to consider when you have voltage heavy peripherals - like external hard drive enclosures and the like.

OK, changing my tact here. I am looking for the best gaming mouse and keyboards under $30.00. Wired or wireless. All other specifications still apply. Found a 4-port Pawtec USB 3.0 hub for $20.00, powered. Found 2 mice, an Arion Rapoo V20 and an RedDragon M309. But the keyboard is proving to be a serious pain in the arse!

I find something, seems well rated, but I read more reviews, find the lettering has faded, keys are sticking or non-responsive, etc. I can't seem to find a single decent keyboard of any quality under $30.00. Especially anything that matches that sexy white Rapoo mouse...

So I am looking for keyboard suggestions primarily, and any thoughts on the mice I am looking at. I have decided that for the keyboard I want the WASD keys to appear different in some way to help me distinguish them. Could be by touch or color, I don't care. I would like something ergonomic, but I will take the preference for the keys over that.

My goal is to get a quality keyboard, mouse and USB hub for no more than $60.00. I am looking for personal experience at this point. You bought a keyboard I could get now for $30.00 or less and, after using for 6 months at least you can recommend it because...

I just checked out Amazon so far.

UPDATE!
I found the Gigabyte GK-FORCE K3. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Geeezus man, you been here like 10 years, and you don't know what mouse/keyboards to buy?

So... what is it, so far you've mentioned budgets of $30, then $60, now $90. What the hell....

Geeezus man, you been here like 10 years, and you don't know what mouse/keyboards to buy?

So... what is it, so far you've mentioned budgets of $30, then $60, now $90. What the hell....

Soon it will be over $100 :p

Budget is, and will remain $60 - $90. For 3 items, a USB hub, a mouse and a keyboard. Although if I could get a nice mouspad and a palm rest...

Yes, I have been a member here for 10 years. But I have not always been active here. I no longer keep up with the latest gaming news. I only come in here to get quickly up to speed. I trust this community to give me helpful, reliable information. The computer I am writing this on was built with the help of the people in this forum.

If I sound a little crotchety please forgive me. I'm old...

Years ago I purchased a refurbished 32" Vizio LED LCD TV from TigerDirect for something like $350.00 - a steal at that time. I am still using this TV with no issues today!

Today I step again into refurbished waters... I just bought a refurbished MatCatz R.A.T. 5 for $19.99 + $4.44 or something like that for shipping - approx $25.00 all told, for a mouse ranging from $60.00+!

We will see if my luck with refurbished products continues... I believe it will. This is a good mouse, better than anything else you will find for gaming at $20.00!

Why refurbished? Isn't that, like bad, or something? This mouse, if I read it correctly, was factory refurbished. That means MadCatz themselves fixed whatever was wrong with it. It also means that it could get newer, upgraded parts to bring it up to spec. It should be just as good, if not better, than any new R.A.T. 5.

But I will be very picky, checking the materials, being sure I have everything that is supposed to be included with this including install discs and manuals. If it doesn't meet my standards I have 90 days to return it.

If it passes my initial inspection, it will then get tested in Unreal Tournament 2015. Probably Low Grav Instagib. It will have to seriously impress me, like my TV did, for me to keep it.

Do you have, or have you used over an extended period of time, any of these MadCatz R.A.T. mice? What do you think? Comfortable or uncomfortable? Built well or cheap (like those old MadCatz controllers for early consoles)? Has it held up? Is it holding up? How long have you used it?

I'd love your feedback!

Now for the keyboard...

Getting refurbished MadCatz aka Saitek is like picking pop star from rehab, leaving her in one room with Charlie Sheen and hope they will both read Bible. Even brand new merchandise from that company will go wrong without the reason. If it's refurbished then someone already lost the lottery and picked some issues with it. Especially when they got their infamous sensor with the tracking issue.

Yes, I know budget and cutting cost. But so learned hard way, that if you are on tight budget, you can't afford to buy crap. Stay away from Saitek, MadCatz and all their gaming peripheries. Get Logitech, Corsair or Steelseries. Even if their gear breaks, at least they will fix it properly.

Back