The 5 Biggest Tech Trends Of 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
ZDNet has put together a list of the 5 biggest tech trends of 2016. I have to agree with the choice of data breaches as the number one tech trend on the list. There were some whoppers this year (I'm looking at you Yahoo).

It's almost a cop out to declare 2016 the year of the data breach since you could say something similar each year since 2000 or so. But 2016 brought maturity to data breaches and a marketplace where attacks from years ago still deliver value for cybercriminals. Yahoo closed out the year by disclosing 1 billion accounts were breached and that incident was separate from a previous attack that compromised 500 million folks. Yahoo takes the cybersecurity whipping boy prize for 2016.

They're claiming "PCs: dead like vinyl records". BS. PCs will never die.

I agree with the Amazon stuff, they are morphing into a monster provider, impressive for any company really.
Yes PCs as in big desktops/towers for general public are dying.
Arguably, its just that computing just got smaller, and offloaded to providers... so if anything computing itself got bigger in way as it is in everybody's pocket.

Until companies are held accountable (big fines, criminal charges, jail time) then the data breech situation will never change. They will continue to be lazy until it truly bites them in the ass.

Back