The $400 question

Imitation

2[H]4U
With the release of the new Nvidia cards and DD's release of their watercooling block for the new 6 series I really want to get my WC setup and ready for one of these. The problem is that I'm not wanting to spend 550 bucks for WC and the 6800GT. So the question is which setup would you go with for right now:

1. Stick with air cooling and grab the 6800GT with a free copy of farcry ~$400+
OR
2. WC for $150 plus the plain 6800 with the potential of getting the DD 6 series GPU block down the road. ~$450 total

I came up with this tough decision while I was wasting time at work today, and before any of you pick #1 realize that WC will allow me to get rid of this sucky volcano 9 and push my 1700+ tbredB to its full potential as well :)

Dude I would just spend the extra 100 bucks now, or wait a little while till you have a little more money saved up then spend the extra 100 bucks. If you spend the 550 you get stuff that is quite a lot better than spending 450. And finally... A TB??? I thought those were extinct! heh. [Insert sarcasm here]

haha they were the stuff before the bartons came out! I bought it for 50 bucks and overclocked it to, at that time was a $140 cpu! I loved it.

Yeah well I'm trying to save money here overall not spend more and more, thats the whole purpose of this question, which would be the better value now and in the long run?

How about spenting $100 and getting alittle WC kit just for it? Kind like the 5800FX Gainward card CoolFX.

I'd rather just integrate it into a setup that is cooling the cpu as well, then I can OC both the cpu and gpu. I'd much rather have the OC'ed cpu first, and I'm not wanting to spend more money, it doesn't grow on trees for us college kids!

Back