the 2 options

Arnge

Limp Gawd
Hi , i am a budget gamer , keep that in mind while you read this.

i have a 7900GS card.
a 3.0 MGH 1mb cahe processor. " bottle necks every thing"
a 945GM2 MSI mother board.
2 GB of super talant 667 DDR2 rams.

i have 2 routes i can take.

no.1

i can buy a 8800GTS 320 Super clocked for EVGA after selling the 7900GS.

and bottle neck it :D

and may be upgrade the MOBO and the processor later " 5 or 6 month"
or

no.2

i can get a new MOBO , a NEW processor. and keep the 7900GS for a while and then upgrade the card a year from now or something.

or i drop the 7900GS and get an X1950XTX 512 , and upgrade nothing else :D

so what do you guys think.

Exactly what do you want to play? What do you play now, what are you looking forward to? Is DX10 capability important to you? Going to need a little more info. I'd say update the motherboard and CPU as the 7900 isn't a /terrible/ card, but I don't know how much better a X1950 would be in comparison.

i play at 1280*1024.

and that is what my screen can max and i am not interested in a new one.

and for DX-10 , i think the 8800 will suck at it. so i am not tottaly into that too.

Too early to condemn the 8800's. So far they do just fine, and everything out right now are either DX9 to DX10 patches or console ports (by Capcom, notorious for bad console ports...) so without any native DX10 games, there's really nothing to base performance on yet.

You never said what kind of games you play. FPS? RTS? A little bit of everything? Give me some titles of things you play now and things you want to play when they come out like I asked, please.

mpstly a little bit of every thing

but i play rally and NFS games most of the time and i wanna play DIRT.

DiRT is a very demanding game. I'm not sure which is the bigger issue with your current setup, but I think you'd be better served with a CPU upgrade in the long run, especially if you're so unimpressed with the 8800's.

Back