• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

The 12V Rail Question!

XSKSTEVEXX

n00b
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
48
I could use some help with a power supply. I have been shopping around and I am getting a bit confused on which would be best for my setup.

Just to have room for future parts I am leaning toward a 700-750W PSU, but what about the 12v rails on these? some manufacturers have a huge single 12V rail ( 60A + ) while others may have 4 or 5 18-20A rails. What is the benefit? What should I go with for an SLI setup?
 
That is getting much too low. + or - 5% is within ATX spec however the higher the better as long as it is close to 12v. Perhaps the software is reading wrong? Never trust software readings if at all possible. Get yourself a Digital multimeter and test for yourself for a more accurate reading.
 
hehe yea, no clue what happened, perhaps I read the original thread but clicked on the above/below it to respond. sorry!
 
Back
Top