The 10 must have pc games NEW RELEASES for the month of March(IMO).

davidj

Gawd
And the winners are:

UT2K4, BF Vietnam, Painkiller, Black 9, SC:pandora Tomorrow, CS:CZ, Far Cry, Breed, Kill Switch & Athena Sword.

I have been following all of these pc titles for many months now.
My budget only allows me to buy 3 out of these droolers this month:UT2K4, Farcry & CS:CZ.

I would have picked BF:Vietnam but I figure that the SP sux. (I have dial-up). We will find out in time.

The others I will buy later or maybe bad reviews will knock them off the list.

Don't hate me cuz I want CZ(hehe).

ReleaseDates:

http://www.gamespot.com/newthisweek/title/

http://www.gamespy.com/games/release/pc/index2.shtml

http://avault.com/previews/index.asp?index=main

March is indeed a good month for games. I'd like to add Lords of the Realm III to the list if it ships this month like it's supposed to.

I've only pre-ordered UT2K4:SE right now

The rest I'll just let the price drop, or borrow friends' copies.

Pre-ordered my UT2K4:SE today as well. I'll get BF:V probably the next week or two if the reviews from [H] users are good.

Where on Earth or Mars are you guys ordering UT2K4:SE from? :)

Now that my credit card is free, EB is out of the DVD edition.

:confused:

Where does it list the release date for CS:CZ as this month?

And since when do you believe any release date that they give for it?

sacred is one of my most anticipated releases this month. then pandora tomorrow

Bah, Killswitch isn't really that special. Played it for the XBOX, nothing much except hiding behind obstacles.

The GameSpy link indicates a March 23, 2004 release date for CZ.

PC games release dates are like females. There are too, too many to choose form, why fret if one is flacky. So even if CZ Never materializes, my 60 gig HD will be full of goodness.:D :) :p

BF:V for my bday, w00t!!!!!!11!!1
ut2k4, mabe, i wasnt as impressed with the demo as much as i would like to have been

Must have? Methinks not.

I'll wait until they're all the bargain bin. Patience is without a doubt a fine virtue when it comes to game prices. For what other people pay for 2 games, I've literally got a stack of 20 :) All I need it time to actually play games and I'll be set for life.

You forgot Sacred :(
and Lords of the Realm III and Syberia II, those are the 3 must have games i'm picking up this month.

LOTR III is only gonna cost 20 and syberia II is just 29.99.

Originally posted by finalgt

And since when do you believe any release date that they give for it?

Yea, I'm no longer looking forward to this. I bet it never gets released... its the next Duke Nukem Forever. I'm sure CS:CZ is being upgraded to use the HL2 engine.. and then its going to never come out, and be upgraded to the HL3 engine.. so on and so forth. :D

BF:VN released next Monday the 15th, in my hands the 16th, preordered last night.

Having been addicted to BF1942 since the day it went on the shelf, I'm sure BF:VN will keep me busy for the next 1.5 years, minus time for D3 of course.

And, my prediction right now............ BF:VN gets game of the year for 2004.

You left out IL2 Sturmovik - Aces Expansion. Well, it's a "must have" for *some* of us, anyway.

Also, does anyone know what happened to Black-9? The most recent release date I've read for it was March 1st, but I haven't seen anything more recent than about 6 months ago. Are they actually going to release this month? If they do, they're going to have to go Gold by next week, which seems doubtful seeing as how we haven't even gotten a playable demo yet.

IGN has a June 1, 2004 release date for black9, very strange.

http://pc.ign.com/release.html

As for IL- Aces, I agree, but I checked all 3 links in my 1st post just now and it is not listed. I did not even know until you mentioned it. The mixture of missions are awesome & I have never seen clouds like in IL.

This list is only one guy's opinion and is not important. It is the sharing of info that is.

I'm gonna be alllll over Battlefield Vietnam, but I'll leave u2k4 because I wasn't impressed at all with the demo

Originally posted by davidj
Where on Earth or Mars are you guys ordering UT2K4:SE from? :)
Now that my credit card is free, EB is out of the DVD edition.
:confused:

I called up my local EB to make sure they were still taking reservations and then went in and put down $5 on it. If for some reason they don't have it, BB and CC are right around the corner and another EB is only a few miles away.

Originally posted by vinnie
I'll wait until they're all the bargain bin. Patience is without a doubt a fine virtue when it comes to game prices. For what other people pay for 2 games, I've literally got a stack of 20 :) All I need it time to actually play games and I'll be set for life.

That philosophy doesn't work for online multiplayer games - by the time they've hit bargain bins, many of the players will have moved on to the next big game, and the ones that are left are all the hardcore experienced guys who will own a newb like you who's just starting to learn the ropes.

Of course, if online multiplayer games aren't your thing, you have nothing to worry about.

I'm so mad that Pandora Tomarrow isn't coming out for Gamecube. The first one came out on Gamecube, why not the second one? Oh well, another excuse to upgrade my computer.

Originally posted by Badger_sly
BF:VN released next Monday the 15th, in my hands the 16th, preordered last night.

Having been addicted to BF1942 since the day it went on the shelf, I'm sure BF:VN will keep me busy for the next 1.5 years, minus time for D3 of course.

And, my prediction right now............ BF:VN gets game of the year for 2004.

Amen to that sir.. Im really looking forward towards the new BF also. Dunno, ut2k4 didnt really do it for me, but bf:nv looks very fun ;)

Originally posted by finalgt

As far as I know, a pre-release-ready-to-play CS:CZ was release through Steam today...not much longer I assume.

Thanks for the heads up Fromage. Here is some info that I just ran across.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/03/11/news_6091297.html

Condition Zero gets steamed

Valve sets up preorder option for anxious Counter-Strike: Condition Zero gamers; offers price break to current CS owners.
Valve announced today that it is taking preorders for Counter-Strike: Condition Zero through Steam, the company's proprietary content delivery system.
The offer includes a special bonus for current Counter-Strike owners, which allows them to secure the game for the price of $29.95 instead of the full retail price of $39.95.
Anyone who preorders Condition Zero through Steam will be able to play the game, quite literally, the minute it is released. This preorder offer marks the first time Valve has used the Steam service as a point of purchase for a new product. The delivery mechanism will download the game code in advance of the launch date, and it will unlock the code the moment the game is officially released.
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero is the single-player follow-up to Valve's immensely popular multiplayer tactical shooter. The title is set for release on March 23.

Nothing on that particular list I can't live without (although I'll probably grab UT2K4 at some point). I'm definitely planning to grab Worms 3D though, although I'll probably find it at least moderately disappointing (I still like Worms 2 better than Armageddon and World Party.)

Pre-ordered UT2K4 a long time ago :)
Looking forward to recive it perhaps sometime next week or the week after.

YES! I already have the ACE expansion for Forgotten Battles and I love the P-38! Also its about damn time for Lords of the Relm 3. I love 2! My friend and I were UNBEATABLE at that game. Haven't played in awhile and I sure hope this one doesn't suck.

Originally posted by vinnie
Must have? Methinks not.

Im a cheap bastard too. I just wait till my work season slows down and, then I have something to do to fight the boredom. Besided if a game sucks, Im not out the bend over price.

Back