That was quick.

wraieghaeien

Limp Gawd
*waves* to Bodega & [H]ugh_Freak as they go blazing by me.

Good production guys 8) just next time at least honk while you go bye or flash your lights or something 8)

Wait until marty9876 comes smoking by, he's coming up real quick on you, and those other two are bearing down on me,

HONK AND WAVE as you go by. :D

Uh I don't know the people I have passed but I am now on team rank of 1208, with 8349 credits and 70 Wu's done. I just know I passed WraithOD awhile ago. I am chugging along with my four dually boxen.

according to my dad my dual 1.8 server died today-- said he smelled that really bad smell of burnt... computer?

anyway i've also had 0 WU's turned in today so i dunno whats up :(

Bodega said:
according to my dad my dual 1.8 server died today-- said he smelled that really bad smell of burnt... computer?

ouch man. I hate that smell.

anyway i've also had 0 WU's turned in today so i dunno whats up :(

I go days without any turned in because most of my borgs are only on a few hours and are doin timeless wu.....

i *should* be up there with them... but my ~40ghz borg died all of a sudden. should be back up sometime soon, hopefully...

i miss my >1k ppd. and i'm gonna need >2kppd to make 150k by the deadline:eek: time to get another 24ghz too... (coupla p4s)

can't wait to get my production back up. ah well, we all have our ups and downs.

i should probably talk to the guy i know who works in the computer department at my high school, too... get a bunch more p4 systems:cool:

we'll see.

sucks about your dually, though. that sounds like it could be expensive. hope it isn't.

WOW, Marty9876 Blew buy me like i was parked, still holding bodega at bay, (barely) :D

WAVE,

racercarl said:
WOW, Marty9876 Blew buy me like i was parked, still holding bodega at bay, (barely) :D

that shouldnt be too hard pretty soon, my production is waaaaaaaay down. for a while i was up around 1.6kppd but now its headed towards something more like 800ppd or so

edit: more like 100 ppd

well, rogue_jedi blew by me (probably a long time ago), but i haven't had power since friday through last night (Tuesday)...it sucked sooooo bad..... :( :( :(

Carnival Forces said:
well, rogue_jedi blew by me (probably a long time ago), but i haven't had power since friday through last night (Tuesday)...it sucked sooooo bad..... :( :( :(
it may take me 3 months... but i'll catch him for ya. ;)

not if i have my say... and figure out what's really making openoffice crash.

i've got a coupla months to get it right though, so...

good luck :D

rogue_jedi said:
not if i have my say... and figure out what's really making openoffice crash.

i've got a coupla months to get it right though, so...

good luck :D
Lets git it ON!
:D

/me wonders if he is going backwards with everyone goin by so fast.

*tap tap* computers you working?

/me wonders if he is going backwards with everyone goin by so fast.

*tap tap* computers you working?

Bodega said:
yesterday i turned in 1 WU for a total of 59 points :rolleyes:

That's one WU more than they would have gotten without you.
Ever notice how the people who usually win the lottery are people who bought just ONE ticket as an afterthought on their way home from work? The rest of us take out second mortgages to get the best chance possible. Or do you ever notice how it's the people that do the smallest ammount of work at school or the office that get the biggest pats on the back and or get the best grades?
The way I see it it'll be someone who JUST turned in his first WU who's machine provides the answer stanford is looking for..... but the rest of us should keep up the fight, no matter how small the effort we can offer just hoping that what we are doing provides even the smallest of a difference.

I'm a net engineer so I have a few machines at the office that I can quietly borg.... your one machine may be all that you have access to. The way I see it... your effort is more for you than mine is for me. I could probably do more.... you are doing all you can and there is something to be said for that. Everyone who turns on one machine even when it hurts is making a HUGE contribution...... I guess I forgot that for a while.

EDIT:/ I know YOU have much more than the one box... I sort of pointed that at everyone who may read. ;)

Hugh_freak, just blew by both Bodega and me, WAY TO GO.

Bodega, that box must still be down as I am still holding my own,

where is it at, maybe one of us can go by and help get it back up. We need that box working.

It seems like the only people I'm passing are people that aren't moving. I wish they were producing rather than being flatliners. :(

I just passed Spectre, Ibanez69 and a few others awhile ago, I am currently at team rank 1135 and climbing.

I have a score of: 10194 and Wu of: 89, not sure if I'm doing great.

Scorpionjwp said:
I just passed Spectre, Ibanez69 and a few others awhile ago, I am currently at team rank 1135 and climbing.

I have a score of: 10194 and Wu of: 89, not sure if I'm doing great.

Good job but I should be ahead of you again at the update I have a 600pointer not being able to go out right now as the connection is down again at work :rolleyes: And a 241 pointer at home that is finished but not showing yet.

But just to be safe I better go check the P3-450 to see if the hamster fell off the wheel again becuase she is my main producer ;)

Why Thank you, but I will have my server rig up and running next week, so we will see about that.

I have a few more units to be turned in soon on my other duallys.

Scorpionjwp said:
Why Thank you, but I will have my server rig up and running next week, so we will see about that.

I have a few more units to be turned in soon on my other duallys.

Dang the hamster is unionized now so in that case I am toast.

Nice little garden.

Spectre said:
Dang the hamster is unionized now so in that case I am toast.

Nice little garden.

I've had good luck with gerbals

Here is my garden as of: 2-12-05

2.4 P4 with HT enabled
Dual P3 xeon at a pair of 500mhz 512kb cache
Dual P3 866mhz machine
Dual Netserver 450mhz x2.

Coming up this month: Quad P3 xeon running at dual 700mhz 2mb with 1gb of memory.
The netserver will go down for service as the big server will come up.

I will not say when this machine will be up, I'll surprise a few of you though when I do.

Scorpionjwp said:
Here is my garden as of: 2-12-05

2.4 P4 with HT enabled
Dual P3 xeon at a pair of 500mhz 512kb cache
Dual P3 866mhz machine
Dual Netserver 450mhz x2.

Coming up this month: Quad P3 xeon running at dual 700mhz 2mb with 1gb of memory.
The netserver will go down for service as the big server will come up.

I will not say when this machine will be up, I'll surprise a few of you though when I do.

My garden is scattered but it consists of:

P4 2.8 1gb RAM
1500+ AMD Athlon XP 768mb RAM
1 ghz Transmeta Efficeon 512mb RAM
K7 500mhz 256 mb RAM
P3-450 256mb RAM

I am working on more but work is all SUN and SGI.....so no work borging.

Edit: my problem is only the P4 runs 24/7.

According to the stats on the hardfolding website, Spectre you overtaking me is not possible in the next 60 days.

I have inched my way up to the rank of: 1126

Scorpionjwp said:
According to the stats on the hardfolding website, Spectre you overtaking me is not possible in the next 60 days.

I have inched my way up to the rank of: 1126

It is that hamsters fault! That and if your garden runs more consistantly than mine you have me licked.

Hardfolding's stats are borked. According to hardfolding I have 9692pts....over at stanford I have 9847pts. At hardfolding I am ranked 1172.....at stanford 1164. My work rig hasn't checked in again so I am guessing that 600pointer is just sitting there or stanford is behind also.

Stanford posts scores almost instantly, other sites take awhile to aquire ths data. I've had 600 pointers show up at Stanford, and take 6-12 hours to post at EOC'ers, or [H]ardfolding.
Take heart, and trust that the proper scores are posted in the next 24 hours.

I don't have my garden overclocked, so I will run consistant all of the time.

I have checked the points on both Hardfolding and Stanfords site and both are the same.
I am also running timeless units on the dual xeon and netserver, so the points might be higher.

Scorpionjwp said:
I don't have my garden overclocked, so I will run consistant all of the time.

That shouldn't affect production so long as clocks are kept the same on the OC or at normal. My problem is people shutting off borgs when they feel like it.

Back