"That said, we are working on something..."

gibber

Gawd
From the recent front page [H] post about 3400/3600:

"That said, we are working on something that we do think you will find exciting and will have it here on our pages very soon."

I guess then, that means we'll be seeing a review of an upcoming ATi product in a little while. Anybody know if it's something other than the 2 GPU version of the 3870?

?

I wouldn't consider the 3870 X2 very "exciting" based on the reviews that are already out, and I assume the GeForce 9800GX2 wont fare much better.

Lets hope its something more interesting.

I wouldn't consider the 3870 X2 very "exciting" based on the reviews that are already out, and I assume the GeForce 9800GX2 wont fare much better.

Lets hope its something more interesting.
Given that the reviews that are already out are on two bit sites I've never heard of or imported from China (and who knows if they're using the right drivers), I'll reserve my judgement until I see something from someone who is actually under NDA.

The reason the card was delayed is rumored to be because ATI made a better driver and told everyone to stop the presses and re-bench with the new drivers. If the driver was a big enough deal to delay their card, then it could definitely make some significant difference.

I trust sites like Hardocp and Anandtech. Those schlock sites are just doing this to raise their page hits / ad money and probably full of BS.

Given that the reviews that are already out are on two bit sites I've never heard of or imported from China (and who knows if they're using the right drivers), I'll reserve my judgement until I see something from someone who is actually under NDA.

I see, so you've never heard of TweakTown? Because just about everyone else has, especially since their often in the "Hardware Roundups" on HardOCP front page...
I've never found a very noticeable difference between even the Asian sites and big names like HardOCP / AnandTech.

Yes, drivers could be part of it. But I'd be willing to bet that sites like those, who get hardware before everyone else, have the common sense to use the best available drivers.

probably full of BS
Perhaps you should peruse some of their reviews of older hardware when first released and compare to your preferred hardware sites, instead of assuming their just BS. You might be surprised. ;)

whoa, i didn't see the tweaktown review. i was talkign about that fpspro one... and i think there were a couple of non-chinese ones that copied the review data from the chinese. real good.

Back