• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

That didn't take long..

Wrench00

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
3,423
Well apparently some dood cracked the AACS encryption on HDDVD movies in 8 days.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=119871

When will they learn..

No matter how smart you may think you are there is always some one smarter. I guess the protection specialists will never learn that Hackers aren't on dead lines they got lots of time to break stuff.
 
Ummm, rules do not permit you to talk about pirating or anything of that nature.

I will give you a few hours to delete this thread or I will report you.
 
154742.jpg
 
protias said:
Ok, enough time has passed, reported

First, no user can delete threads, not even their own (obviously except moderators).
Secondly, this was talked about as front page news on hardocp.com
http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjMyMjksLCxobmV3cywsLDE=

And thirdly, it is also being discussed in the ajoining news thread here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1137904

Relax, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the topic. It doesn't discuss method, doesn't give links to cracks, doesn't talk about any of the nature of it other than it being done.
 
protias said:
Ok, enough time has passed, reported

Hey protias, Who are you, the forum police??? They have moderators for that. The story is on the front page for cryin' out loud. Get a life.
 
Scroatdog said:
Hey protias, Who are you, the forum police??? They have moderators for that. The story is on the front page for cryin' out loud. Get a life.

Well, moderators cannot be everywhere all the time. I don't have a problem if the link was to the HardOCP site, but my bigger problem is that it is linked to doom9.

And I have a life, and a job, and many other things. Thanks for the personal attack.
 
protias said:
Ummm, rules do not permit you to talk about pirating or anything of that nature.

I will give you a few hours to delete this thread or I will report you.

You DO realize that there is a legitimate and legal side to decrypting digital video, don't you?

Sheez man. Are you an employee of the MPAA or something?
 
BakedA|aska said:
You DO realize that there is a legitimate and legal side to decrypting digital video, don't you?

Sheez man. Are you an employee of the MPAA or something?
Yes, I am fully aware of the legal aspect decrypting and making backups of your movies. Anything that is legal can be used for illegal things too you know.

And hell no, I don't work for the MPAA or RIAA. I will keep my personal opinions about them to myself.

This flame war is retarded.
 
He didn't talk about pirating or illegal copying, he mentioned that a piece of software had been reverse engineered. What you do with that is up to you. People need to start getting to grips with this kind of stuff. You can't lock up computer code; its the same thing as a crowbar, yes it can be used to steal or injure people, but there are also legitimate uses for it. And it certainly should not be illegal to walk around or talk about a crowbar. People need to lighten up...
Douche bags sued people for t-shirts with the DeCSS code on it...that is completely retarted, and when people say well they should be able to sue them and let that crap go on we end up with a bunch of stupid sheeps like mr. rent a cop here.
thanks
 
ferrisnox said:
He didn't talk about pirating or illegal copying, he mentioned that a piece of software had been reverse engineered. What you do with that is up to you. People need to start getting to grips with this kind of stuff. You can't lock up computer code; its the same thing as a crowbar, yes it can be used to steal or injure people, but there are also legitimate uses for it. And it certainly should not be illegal to walk around or talk about a crowbar. People need to lighten up...
Douche bags sued people for t-shirts with the DeCSS code on it...that is completely retarted, and when people say well they should be able to sue them and let that crap go on we end up with a bunch of stupid sheeps like mr. rent a cop here.
thanks

I'm done here. That's all I have to say.
 
protias said:
Yes, I am fully aware of the legal aspect decrypting and making backups of your movies. Anything that is legal can be used for illegal things too you know.

And hell no, I don't work for the MPAA or RIAA. I will keep my personal opinions about them to myself.

This flame war is retarded.

This doesn't really constitute a flame war, in my humble opinion. No mention was made of the act of piracy, the intent to commit the act of piracy, or promotion of piracy. Was it honestly necessary to try and tattle on him to the mods?
 
lol @ this thead.

Bottom line is: We don't talk about illegal stuff here because it can potentially hurt HardOCP so please be more careful. :D
 
Riddlinkidstoner said:
lol @ this thead.

Bottom line is: We don't talk about illegal stuff here because it can potentially hurt HardOCP so please be more careful. :D


BINGO!

and as for protias... let the mods do their job
 
protias said:
....Anything that is legal can be used for illegal things too you know....
It's true, I once robbed a convenience store with a My Little Pony....

-bZj
 
It's the threads like this that make me spend the time I do neffing...entertainment at its best!!
 
Back
Top