That 70's Show DVD's

Kelden21

n00b
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
16
I got That 70's show season 4 for christmas, and it's fun to watch, but I was curious what the best way to rip it to my computer would be. Whenever i see other copies of television shows, for an hour show, they seem to be in the area of 320megs, but they all are different. I really want to just have these backed up on my computer, so if anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks much.
 
If you are looking for an easy way to backup to Divx of Xvid then rip with DVD Decryptor and then compress with AutoGK. That's what I do for all of my DVDs so I can watch them on demand through my HTPC.
 
OS from the 70's? Is this a version of UNIX? They didn't have DVDs in the 70's.
 
If you're looking to rip/backup the DVDs, IMHO, the best way would be to rip the dvd to a folder on your hard drive with DVD decryptor, and then compress them with ratDVD. Unlike compressing to an mpeg/avi, this will preserve all the menus/scene selection/additional features on the DVD (unless you specifically choose to removes certain features), quality is completely watchable while compressed, unless you use set a really high compression ratio, and file size is good too - a 9GB dvd to 3GB with high quality and preservation of 5.1 audio. The best part is you can restore the original dvd from the ratdvd file - with original quality intact (give or take 1%).
 
Back
Top