Thanks unhappy_mage!!!

Oldbenwa

Gawd
Just wanted to let everyone know, this is one heck of a guy!!! We just spent a couple hours IM-ing back and forth, so he could teach me some basics in Linux (cause I don't know much), so I could get his sweet fold-server working on my crappy hardware. You guys that have farms, or are thinking of starting farms, really need to look into his distro.

Thanks again u_m!!!

Oldbenwa

sorry, but it's way too late/early for me to actually read the web page (although i did click the link, surprisingly enough)

...what does your "fold server" do?

and unhappy_mage is quite the cool guy :)

well whatever it is you do, congrats. :)

Carnival Forces said:
sorry, but it's way too late/early for me to actually read the web page (although i did click the link, surprisingly enough)

and unhappy_mage is quite the cool guy :)

well whatever it is you do, congrats. :)

Ya, I think it is a little late for you. :p

It's actually u_m's fold-server, and what it does is allow clients to boot over a network, not needing their own operating system, to fold.

And congrats/thanks need to go to unhappy_mage, definetly not me.

Oldbenwa

Thanks, Oldbenwa! I had fun getting it working, and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Carnival Forces said:
Allows you to boot a bunch of diskless machines over a network. The savings of not having to buy hard drives is pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Anyone else who wants to try it out, I now know what problems exist in fold-server, and I'll be releasing a new version sans problems fairly soon. Look for it in a week or so.

Back