Thank you EVGA.

BETA.

2[H]4U
My fan on my GTX 480 stopped working, RMA'd and EVGA was prompt and I received my replacement card within 5 days. Once I received the replacement, it was defective as well. It kept locking out the two PC's I tried it on within minutes after launching a game. Sent that one back, then received another replacement card in 3 days. Keep in mind I live relatively close to EVGA's Brea location so it only takes a day to receive or send, the processing takes the longest. The newest card arrived with a chip in the corner of the PCB, and that took about 4 days to process. Sent it back yesterday and EVGA set up the RMA very quickly and I just received an email from UPS saying:

Scheduled Delivery: 29-February-2012

Shipment Detail
Ship To:
RMA# 53211

Number of Packages: 1
UPS Service: GROUND
Weight: 5.0 LBS

Tracking Number: 1ZA1615R
Reference Number 1: CI0227
Reference Number 2: 015-P3-1580-AR

Check out that part number :D

Thank you, EVGA.

Excellent, congrats!

I remember when Corsair sent me a brand new HX650 after sending in my HX520 for RMA, 130w free watts! It's a good feeling when you get something more than you asked for. :cool:

I too am a huge fan of EVGA and am glad you got this (semi) resolved. Still the clear problem here is it has taken you 3 card exchanges before getting a GTX580. This makes me a little apprehensive and will really have to think about the next video card manufacturer I go with.

Imagine you were a customer that isn't in CA...the turn around time would suck. Personally, I'd be pissed as hell if I had to wait that many days to get a good condition/working card and this is coming from a guy who has invested a lot of money with EVGA products.

This right here made my decision a heck of a lot easier on which manufacture to choose for my next GPU upgrade...

Grats on the awesome service.

I too am a huge fan of EVGA and am glad you got this (semi) resolved. Still the clear problem here is it has taken you 3 card exchanges before getting a GTX580. This makes me a little apprehensive and will really have to think about the next video card manufacturer I go with.

Imagine you were a customer that isn't in CA...the turn around time would suck. Personally, I'd be pissed as hell if I had to wait that many days to get a good condition/working card and this is coming from a guy who has invested a lot of money with EVGA products.

It does suck that he received 3 defective cards in a row. I think EVGA realizes that too... Thus they gave him a free 20% performance upgrade worth at least $100 (going by the price difference between the cards) to try to make up for it. I'd say, well played EVGA. My gtx 580 and my gtx 460 have both been from EVGA because of stories like this (well, that and the super fast support they give on their forums).

Congrats on your upgrade OP! I think you're going to thoroughly enjoy the increased performance/lower heat/quieter fan!

Excellent, congrats!

I remember when Corsair sent me a brand new HX650 after sending in my HX520 for RMA, 130w free watts! It's a good feeling when you get something more than you asked for. :cool:
Lol I did the same thing, RMA'd a 520 and got a HX650.

Also I sent my defunct EVGA 3GB GTX 580 last week and got the replacement today!
Still have it in box and since I don't have much time to game hmmm what to do with a 3Gb 580...

It does suck that he received 3 defective cards in a row. I think EVGA realizes that too... Thus they gave him a free 20% performance upgrade worth at least $100 (going by the price difference between the cards) to try to make up for it. I'd say, well played EVGA. My gtx 580 and my gtx 460 have both been from EVGA because of stories like this (well, that and the super fast support they give on their forums).

Congrats on your upgrade OP! I think you're going to thoroughly enjoy the increased performance/lower heat/quieter fan!

More likely is that they didn't t have any of the old 480's left, and if they did, were probably returns. Better to send out a 580 and hedge against any further delay and/or problems as the 580 is new model and is in stock. Business is business. Still great upgrade though = )

Wow, that is great customer service on eVGA's part for coming through in the end. I just hope this board is good. The closest I have come to having that was with Best Buy, and dealing with a lemon plasma Samsung TV. They ended up coming out to my house 5 times, over the coarse of 2 years (I had an 4 yr extended home warranty), and they could not get the problem resolved. I ended up with a Sony 40" LED TV, which has been working flawlessly!

Ian

Yeah EVGA have been great, unfortunately for us in Australia, the turn around is ages, especially if you go through a site like PCCG because they only ship duds back to EVGA in bulk.

Awesome customer service!

What would have been better customer service is if they actually took the time to check the replacement in the first place! :D
Without having the end user be a card tester..

One time I sent a card out of RMA to eVGA. It was "fixed" and then sent back to me and was DOA. They upgraded my card for free and cross shipped it as a way to remedy their mix-up.

I had a similar experience w/ EVGA replacing defective cards with defective cards. I didn't get any free upgrades, but I did get them to pay for all of the shipping charges since the original card was defective. (I didn't feel I should have to pay additional money before ever getting a working product). I feel the process could've been a bit smoother, but considering how bad the service is with many other companies, I was pretty satisfied.

I've had experience with EVGA sending out defective cards for RMA replacement as well. I had a GTX 260 FTW (192) that died after a few months, they sent one that was in physically worse condition than the one I sent in and it stuttered like crazy. Actually got Joe Darwin on the phone when I call customer service and he had them send out a new GTX 260 (216) retail box with stock clocks. Ended up being about as fast as the overclocked FTW (192) so I was happy.

Last week I sent in my dead GTS 450, I got a brand new GTX550 Ti.

Very fast RMA service as well. It took a total of 2 days of them having my card to have a replacement sent out. This doesn't include the shipping transit time since that's out of EVGAs hand. For myself I've only had RMA experience with Asus and EVGA, both have been 10/10.

My 7970 was having all sorts of issues so I just bought a evga gtx 570 to hold me over, hoping kepler comes out within 90 days.

Last time (Fermi?) I made the mistake of buying a -TR model so had to sell that to a friend, but looking forward to taking advantage of their step-up program, pretty cool idea imo; instant + delayed gratification.

My 7970 was having all sorts of issues so I just bought a evga gtx 570 to hold me over, hoping kepler comes out within 90 days.

Last time (Fermi?) I made the mistake of buying a -TR model so had to sell that to a friend, but looking forward to taking advantage of their step-up program, pretty cool idea imo; instant + delayed gratification.

I only ever used it once but it was worth it. Bought a GTX280 and upgrade to a 285 for the cost of shipping.

It's a shame we can't walk in the RMA and walk out with a replacement. That would be a nice incentive to buy from EVGA for us local guys.

Walked in a defective motherboard to Gigabyte,gave me a tour and came out with a new motherboard and free t-shirt. I wish EVGA would hook us up like this.

My fan on my GTX 480 stopped working, RMA'd and EVGA was prompt and I received my replacement card within 5 days. Once I received the replacement, it was defective as well. It kept locking out the two PC's I tried it on within minutes after launching a game. Sent that one back, then received another replacement card in 3 days. Keep in mind I live relatively close to EVGA's Brea location so it only takes a day to receive or send, the processing takes the longest. The newest card arrived with a chip in the corner of the PCB, and that took about 4 days to process. Sent it back yesterday and EVGA set up the RMA very quickly and I just received an email from UPS saying:

Check out that part number :D

Thank you, EVGA.

So, did you get your GTX 580?? I am eager to hear the last chapter of this story! :D

Ian

Its customer service like this that I choose to wait to see what nVidia is going to do so I can't get a card from EVGA, rather then going after a 7950 from a series of companies I have little to no experience with.

Some of the responses in this thread are hilarious.

ScumbagGeek said:
Receive free upgrade from EVGA...

Complain that your freebie took too long.

Congrats to the OP. Enjoy it.

Everyone just seems to send customer returns to other customers, hoping that they don't encounter the same issue, or don't notice a different issue.

Some of the responses in this thread are hilarious.

Originally Posted by ScumbagGeek;
Receive free upgrade from EVGA...

Complain that your freebie took too long.

Congrats to the OP. Enjoy it.

Nice, you're quoting something that was never said in this thread... :rolleyes: Don't post unless you know wtf you're talking about, please; it makes you look silly.

In any event, the OP received an upgrade GTX580 after 3 bad RMA'd GTX480's. At least they are making an attempt to offset the customers time. But it could have been resolved if they would have sent a working RMA the first time.

Heh reminds me of when I RMA'd a 1000w Antec PSU and got a 1200w Antec PSU back!

So, did you get your GTX 580?? I am eager to hear the last chapter of this story! :D

Ian

Yep, I did receive the GTX 580 yesterday. I took out both of my gtx 480's :( uninstalled the drivers, booted into safe mode and wiped the drivers with driver sweeper then did a registry clean up with CCleaner. Rebooted my pc and installed the 295.73 drivers, then rebooted. The PC posted, but when I logged into Windows the screen went black and the monitor said some crap about going to sleep mode. I was like WTF! Another dud!? Then it hit me, I had installed the 295.73 drivers I used with my 480's, DOH! Booted to safemode with networking, downloaded the proper drivers and rinse and repeated everything and VOILA! Works fine! The card runs much much much cooler than a 480. Peaks at about 80c degrees with a max fan speed of 2000 RPM. As for the core voltage, at stock, according to MSI afterburner is 1.03v, kinda high? I dropped the voltage to 1.000v though, with stock clocks. Runs fine.

I do miss the SLI performance of my 480's, but less noise and less heat from this gtx 580 is a relief. I am leaning to purchasing another 580 now, since I can use the offset cost of selling my 480 toward another 580. Originally, I was going to wait til kepler drops then sell the 480's. But at this point, the cost to go 2 way SLI gtx 580 is not bad at all for me.

I wonder why there are so many stories of RMAs being defective as well. You think they are just sending people other people's defective cards without testing them? Bleh.

Yep, I did receive the GTX 580 yesterday. I took out both of my gtx 480's :( uninstalled the drivers, booted into safe mode and wiped the drivers with driver sweeper then did a registry clean up with CCleaner. Rebooted my pc and installed the 295.73 drivers, then rebooted. The PC posted, but when I logged into Windows the screen went black and the monitor said some crap about going to sleep mode. I was like WTF! Another dud!? Then it hit me, I had installed the 295.73 drivers I used with my 480's, DOH! Booted to safemode with networking, downloaded the proper drivers and rinse and repeated everything and VOILA! Works fine! The card runs much much much cooler than a 480. Peaks at about 80c degrees with a max fan speed of 2000 RPM. As for the core voltage, at stock, according to MSI afterburner is 1.03v, kinda high? I dropped the voltage to 1.000v though, with stock clocks. Runs fine.

I do miss the SLI performance of my 480's, but less noise and less heat from this gtx 580 is a relief. I am leaning to purchasing another 580 now, since I can use the offset cost of selling my 480 toward another 580. Originally, I was going to wait til kepler drops then sell the 480's. But at this point, the cost to go 2 way SLI gtx 580 is not bad at all for me.

I am glad you got the card and it is working! enjoy it

Nice one!

I have a question though, I never bought anything from EVGA and for my next VGA I would like to buy something from them BUT I would like to know if their great customer server is also active in Europe. With replacements and other things. Mind you, I'm not talking about getting a better item, it would be stupid to think that everyone gets this ^^.

I wonder why there are so many stories of RMAs being defective as well. You think they are just sending people other people's defective cards without testing them? Bleh.

Yea, reading a lot of about multiple defective replacements lately. In this case, customer got an upgrade for wasted time, but what if for others they don't. Then it's just a bad experience.

Are there any companies that thoroughly test their gpu's enough before sending to the customer? Seems like there isn't any.

congrats to the OP, has a story with EVGA and 550 and got resolved within a week, card is running great right now in my friends computer with no issues for over a year

Years ago when EVGA had the unlimited lifetime warranty on their cards, it was hassle free and a joy to RMA stuffs with them. Sadly the days of lifetime warranty is gone but I am glad to hear that their customer service remains.

Back