• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thank you Audio section

Greatone123

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
1,293
I would like to start by thanking this section of the forum, I've enjoyed reading post to post for quite a while. You've helped me with my do's and don'ts several time just be helping others.

Second I'd like to thank you for showing how audio should sound getting a better set of speakers and a receiver getting away from the little PC speakers you get for like $50 that I "thought" did the job.



I've come across my first issue and I'm hoping to get some troubleshooting tips things to check before I hopefully don't have to replace anything.


First System Specs:
AMD Phenom II 940 BE @ stock 3.0
4GB Kingston HyperX DDR2
60GB Corsair SSD
HT Omega striker sound card
Pioneer VSX-816-K Receiver
Polk Monitor 40 fronts, 30 Surrounds, PSW 10 sub using old klipsh speaker for temp center.

Connected with optical cable that came with the HT Omega


When playing anything at this point the left channel cuts in and out, and sometimes has static.


so far, I've swapped L/R speakers and it happens on both when on the Left channel... so it's not the speaker both work fine on right channel.

Next idea would be replace the wire... then if that doesn't change anything it's either my comp/software or the receiver.. I'm hoping it's software and something can be changed or done.. rather then a hardware issue oh ya on that note, it was doing it BEFORE I go tthe HT OMEGA and started using the optical... I was hoping it could stop that problem along with giving me my optical port (my mobo doesn't have one)


Any ideas?


oh yeah forgot to say, I'm using DTS Interactive
 
Try a different optical port...

Then pick up a receiver from a store with no restock fee...(like BB?) and see if the receiver is the problem.
 
Try a different source, e.g. different sound card optical out, PS3 etc. Also does it happen if you use an analogue connection from the sound card?
 
If you are using digital (optical or coax) and only one channel is affected, the problem is definitely not the cable.

I would try using a different output and input, try a good 'ol analog connection and see if the problem goes away. If it does, I would test the receiver with a DVD player or something that also has optical out and see if that works or if it's PC-side that's the problem. If it does not, either something is wrong with the amp section or your speaker cabling. Sounds to me like it's probably going to end up being a problem with the receiver unfortunately.
 
I've give some of those a try there is a 2nd optical in on the receiver

I'll try analog on the SC

I do have a PS3, I could try a new audio source see if it's the PC doing it



Thanks I'll post if I find out the cause
 
Back
Top