• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TF2 or COD4???

COD 4 only gets "boring quickly" if you're horrible at it and don't enjoy losing constantly. Luckily for me, I always win and it's tons of fun yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the first place, there's nothing to be skilled at. Every gun fires with a 3 inch wide spread radius and every player moves at three tenths of a mile per hour. There are no nuances to the gameplay, no little things to learn how to do better than other players can. You run around in slow motion shooting people with guns that apparently fire bullets in all six different directions at the same time. Then you get shot by a sniper sitting in a window 9000 yards away not moving and drop a grenade at your feet with a 15 foot kill radius around it.

If you want a tactical shooter, play Counter-Strike. You need strategy and cohesiveness to succeed in that. If you want a deathmatch shooter, play any Unreal Tournament or Quake game (hell even TF2 works). If you want an RPG, play WoW. If you want vehicles to do the work for you, pick up BF2.
 
I got CoD4 and iono I really like it. But I see myself going back to CS 1.6/CZ (NOT SOURCE, SOURCE BAD LOL) because they're just more tactical. You can't get extremely good at CoD4, but there are so many different skill lvls on CS it's amazing.
 
If you want a tactical shooter, play Counter-Strike. You need strategy and cohesiveness to succeed in that. If you want a deathmatch shooter, play any Unreal Tournament or Quake game (hell even TF2 works). If you want an RPG, play WoW. If you want vehicles to do the work for you, pick up BF2.

That's my main problem with COD4, it's like the multiplayer doesn't know what it wants to be. I found all the game types to be average compared to other games that specialize in a certain type which is why I lost interest. But to each his own.
 
Get TF2. COD4 is fun for the first 30 mins into the server then gets boring real quick.
 
^ I disagree, CoD4 is fun for long periods of play as well, just like TF2, but to each their own I guess.
 
In the first place, there's nothing to be skilled at. Every gun fires with a 3 inch wide spread radius and every player moves at three tenths of a mile per hour. There are no nuances to the gameplay, no little things to learn how to do better than other players can. You run around in slow motion shooting people with guns that apparently fire bullets in all six different directions at the same time. Then you get shot by a sniper sitting in a window 9000 yards away not moving and drop a grenade at your feet with a 15 foot kill radius around it.

I respectfully completely disagree with your assessment.

First, all of the guns act very, very differently, especially when you consider adding perks into the equation. I am not sure how fast you want to be able to run in a game, but I feel that this is fairly realistic in COD4 (and how fast you can move has to do with the weapon you carry, which adds to the realism). Skill plays a huge role in how well you will do... I am perplexed by your statement "there is nothing to be skilled at." Everyone will basic do the same if that were true.

It sounds like you played the game and got quickly frustrated, which I understand. If you don't stick with it, it is very difficult in the beginning when you don't know the maps, haven't unlocked many weapons or perks and if you are like me, probably just plain stink from lack of experience. But if you stay with it, you get more skilled and open up more perks, guns and attachements. That is when the game starts to get really fun.

Like I said before, I think that the leveling system in COD4 is really unique and adds another dimension to the game play. I have a blast! Hey, but like the OP here said, to each his own, right? ;)
 
I find that COD4 and CS are the same tactically...the difference is that in CS, it feels more natural to actually have some teamplay going (otherwise you are gonna get pwned) and in COD4, it's more "arcadish" so it doesn't feel like a requirement.
You go out there, half the peeps are your team mates (dont shoot them) and the other half is your enemies (kill or be killed). Simple.

Now, in COD4 if you do play with friends and have some teamplay going on, you will be pwning everyone else, GUARAN-DAMN-TEE.
 
I got pissed more often playing the various CS because you always have some AWP whore or other player that just runs around with a single pistol and whips your ass the second you turn a corner. In college played with friends and some of them I wanted to strangle for those very reasons, I knew they didn't cheat, I could watch them actual play but CoD4 doesn't have that problem it seems. Plus I love the fact that it has a kill cam so you know where you were killed from and if that person just camps or luck of the draw.
 
I get a chuckle when people say CS is tactical. Somehow I think bunnyhopping would get a soldier in combat killed very quickly. But maybe this is just me thinking crazy thoughts.

I think TF2 will have a longer online life than CoD4, so I'd go for that one if you had to choose. Maybe that's because a sequel won't be out for at least 5 more years though, unlike CoD5, which is probably halfway done already.
 
I have both and prefer TF2 from a pure enjoyment perspective. Playing COD4 multiplayer free-for-all is the biggest joke. The maps are typically small and the spawn points known. Therefore, you get multiple nutsacks sitting beside the spawn with a machine gun mowing down people as they spawn. For everytime I die legitimately, i will die in less than 0.5 of a second (at respawn) about 4 times before I can actually get back in the game. It is just all a little too cheap for me. Team based COD4 involves very limited teamwork. The only that I have encountered is letting a teammate go first to draw the fire and then coming around behind them to take all the kills. Not really teamwork, but it is "using" your team. TF2 FTW.
 
I get a chuckle when people say CS is tactical. Somehow I think bunnyhopping would get a soldier in combat killed very quickly. But maybe this is just me thinking crazy thoughts.

Since when does tactical = realistic?
i.e. bunnyhopping, rocketjumping, etc

However, the idea of seeing someone in real life bunnyhopping around is hillarious.
 
If I had to pick a better designed and well put together game, I would have to say TF2. Right from the open beta that game just worked. I'll admit however, that I now play more CoD4 because the gameplay is so addicting, and it seems more friendly to new players. The new maps in TF2 just didn't hold my intrest.
 
End of the day: Get both of them. They are both AWESOME.

However, if I HAD to pick one, and I know I'm in the minority here, I'd pick COD4. Call me vein but I love ranking up (Well, you can do it once on the PC so that's not as big a factor...but on the consoles you can do 10 prestiges afterwards which adds so much more to the accomplishment factor).

Basically, I just like the play style of COD better, and like the object-oriented modes better in COD (Sabotage is awesome!).

I have both these games on the 360, but I do want to get both for PC when I get my new Desktop later in the summer because obviously mouse/keyboard > controller, but I've had to make due for the time being, and I don't regret getting either game. I've had a blast with both, but have put substantially more playtime into COD4.

Get both though ;)
 
I'd vote for TF2 as its probably one of the most captivating online shooters I've played in awhile. The style alone makes it a great game and there are things you constantly notice that you never saw before. Also, who doesn't like seeing presents from an opponent who you just gibbed? Come on now! Oh yeah, I play CoD4 online occasionally and its fun but TF2 always keeps my attention for longer periods.
 
if you like bunning hopping, play Wolfenstein:ET, the quake engine offers AMAZING FUN "trick jumping", there are alot of servers like that similar to surfuring in CS, cept trick jumping has alot of skill lvls and alot more fun.

But to be extremely good at CS is very hard, a professional player from CAL-I or CEVO winning teams can easily take down a whole team. In TF2/COD4 you can't do that, there is a limit to how good you can be.
 
Back
Top