• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

TF2 Menu crashing

thehum

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 8, 2006
Messages
74
I have a friend who has a toshiba M105 with Steam/TF2 installed. We can get to the in game menu but whenever we click on any of the buttons the game crashes with an hl2.exe application error:

"The Instruction at 0x00010103 ereferenced memory at '0x0a221564'. The memory could not be written.

system specs:
XPMCE Pro SP3
CPU: Intel T2300 1.66ghz
GPU: Intel GMA 950 128mb Driver ver 6.14.0010.4926
1gb ram
DX9.0c

We've tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling steam+TF2. Reinstalled graphics driver files. Game is completely updated. There is no DMX file to delete. Does anyone else encounter this problem. Any ideas for a fix? Thanks.
 
it sounds like a problem with your RAM (thats what the error code given is about). Run memtest and see if it finds anything
 
Ive had this too. All I did was log out of steam and then back in again. make sure no program are running in the background
 
Source games seem to sometimes have issues with random errors that can be hard to track down. I had something similar to that and all I did to fix it was disable the steam community in-game. Its under the settings in steam, its worth a shot to see if it works.
 
When I had that problem, I just renamed my old playerstats.dmx file to .bak. It was inside the steam.../.../tf2.../tf whatever folder. I guess the fact that it's missing for you and doesn't want to regenerate itself could be the issue.
 
Back
Top