tf2 actin funky

gamekid

Gawd
ok, first off, the highest res i can get is like 1280x1024 ...when my monitor supports 1680x1050 (its what i run the desktop with)

2nd, every once in a while when i try to start it hl2.exe doesnt respond..

3rd, every once in a while while im playing the game hl2.exe doesnt respond and the game either goes black or the picture freezes, however..this usually happens when im dead and waiting to respond......if im lucky the picture will come back after a few minutes or after i minimize the window and bring it back up...

3th, this one goes completely beyond me....it only happened a few times, but the picture gets all skewed from some random point towards the middle...and the colors flash like crazy...kinda like a broken mirror or something and i usually have to shut the game down and restart.......

i think steam may just hate vista....but im hoping thats not the problem :(

Change your aspect ratio from the drop down menu to 16:10 and select 1680x1050

may help to post your specs & stuff

Steam Doesn't seem to hate vista , im using it installed on vista ultimate 64bit & have no issues what so ever

ok, first off, the highest res i can get is like 1280x1024 ...when my monitor supports 1680x1050 (its what i run the desktop with)

2nd, every once in a while when i try to start it hl2.exe doesnt respond..

3rd, every once in a while while im playing the game hl2.exe doesnt respond and the game either goes black or the picture freezes, however..this usually happens when im dead and waiting to respond......if im lucky the picture will come back after a few minutes or after i minimize the window and bring it back up...

3th, this one goes completely beyond me....it only happened a few times, but the picture gets all skewed from some random point towards the middle...and the colors flash like crazy...kinda like a broken mirror or something and i usually have to shut the game down and restart.......

i think steam may just hate vista....but im hoping thats not the problem :(

What vid card are you running? I had a big problem with my card (7900gt) and windows vista.

i have a 8600M GT > playin on a laptop....

thx for the advice.....ill let u know if the problems stop

Back