Texture filtering issue Deus Ex:HR

vick1000

2[H]4U
I Just bought a GTX760 to replace my old GTX560Ti. I can't remeber seeing this issue with the 560Ti, but I am not sure. No matter how I set the filtering in game, or force through the NVCP, there is a stark transition line on ground and wall textures (you know, filtering out to a certain distance, then blur).

I have not had a chance to try a lot of other games just yet, though I don't think it's happening on Stalker SoC that I can tell, but I am using a mod on that game, and all the textures are very "busy".

I am just wondering if any one else is noticing this with certain games. Bing and Startpage only produce one thread on the Eidos forums for the new Tomb Raider, which does use the same engine as DX:HR, but the post has gone unanswered.

EDIT: I just figured out that the transition line is caused by the shadows only. The textures are fine, but there is a stark line at which the shadows are "blurred", thus it seems like a LOD problem with the shadows. I think it's purely game/engine specific.

Last edited:
Is this the game of the year edition, or the original? I have nothing but problems with the GotY edition, while the original runs nearly perfect.

Original.

A2DF8EAE498AF12EB1FCE5689230829BE45ECF8D

Ya the damn game does that. Annoying as hell that they haven't fixed it. That particular map location (up on the catwalk in my case) is where I noticed it myself and spent a bunch of time trying to figure out WTF was happening.

It is shadows and it is "working as intended". Sucks, but what can you do?

Perhaps it's an artifact from consoles/multiplatform development? A cheap way to save fillrate by just doing a bilinear mipmap on shadows. Obviously, not an issue for PC GPUs.

I'm no programmer, just an educated guess.

Now I am noticing some weird glitches with reflective surfaces in DX11 mode. It's almost like the reflection is corrupted, and shows up as wacky colors and such, either that or the skybox is filtering through somehow, or some stationary image. I don't remeber it happening before this point in the game (just had the showdown with Taggart). Put the 560Ti back in, just to make sure it was not the 760 doing it, still there. No amount of settings changes or driver changes effect it either.

Back