I'm going to have $300 loyalty cash come March and I'm thinking of trading in my dumphone for a smartphone. I was planning to get a QWERTY phone for texting and web-browsing, but I'm thinking seriously of getting a netbook for web surfing instead (since the eee 900s are <$100 now) So that leaves me with Texting...
How difficult is it to text on a touch-screen phone? I've tried using on-screen keyboards on my Axim and it just doesnt work --- but the hardware is several years old and wasnt designed for finger-tip use...
Is it worth the extra $100+ to get a phone with a QWERTY or has the useability of on-screen keyboards improved enough not to need it for short messages?
How difficult is it to text on a touch-screen phone? I've tried using on-screen keyboards on my Axim and it just doesnt work --- but the hardware is several years old and wasnt designed for finger-tip use...
Is it worth the extra $100+ to get a phone with a QWERTY or has the useability of on-screen keyboards improved enough not to need it for short messages?