Texting Doesn't Hurt Kids' Grammar Or Spelling Skills

I know that my grammar and spelling aren't great or perfect. Nevertheless, I make an effort of using good grammar and spelling things correctly when sending text messages.
As for the children and texting... if i were a teacher and a student turned in an assignment with even a single instance of txt speak, it would be an automatic failure. If every teacher did that than perhaps this problem would solve itself.

It actually takes me more effort to spell things wrong, and screw up my grammar intentionally. It actually requires some creative power, as opposed to just using what's been ingrained in me for years.

Inventive spelling, for young children, is a new approach which actually helps children learn how to spell better than the rote approach. Those in education should be aware that the rote approach is not effective.

hard to degrade your grammar skills if you've never had them in the first place.

I know young and old, texters and non-texters... morons are here to stay it seems. But there are actually some bright (normal) people out there too.

Ok, how about this? Do you personally know someone who got cancer using a cell phone? Was it determined without a doubt to be the sole cause? People that live in cities automatically have higher risk for cancer because of the air their breathing. I'm not buying the cell-phone thing... Unless the transmitters were powerful enough to cause radio-frequency burns, causing scarring of tissue, causing mutations, causing tumors, I'm not seeing it. I'm not an expert, but there are some fairly logical conclusions you can draw based on how such a device operates.

Maybe strapping yourself to a cell tower for a few years could do a bit of damage... Who knows...

Yes, about logical conclusions!
Holding a radio active emitting device to your head for a prolong period of time causes cancer. It will never be proven with out a doubt because like the oil industry the cellphone industry needs to protect their investors 1st safety second. I know we live in the United States of Amnesia and no one remembers anything before monday morning. The Cigarette industry was able to protect their cancer sticks for decades before they put a sticker on the box warning people. You guys sounds like the many firms that defended these cigarette companies for decades. I dont really care what you guys think, Im just warning you that's all. History always repeats its self!

How To Write Good said:
1. Avoid alliteration. Always.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. Avoid cliches like the plague. (They're old hat.)
4. Employ the vernacular.
5. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
6. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
7. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
8. Contractions aren't necessary.
9. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
10. One should never generalize.
11. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
12. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
13. Don't be redundant; don't use more words than necessary; it's highly superfluous.
14. Profanity sucks.
15. Be more or less specific.
16. Understatement is always best.
17. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
18. One-word sentences? Eliminate.
19. Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.
20. The passive voice is to be avoided.
21. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.
22. Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
23. Who needs rhetorical questions?

Back