Texting Could "Lower Life Expectancy'

HardOCP News

[H] News
If this story is true, the average teenager should have died 42.5 years ago.

Texting and using mobile devices for long periods of time could lead to lower life expectancy, doctors have warned. The forward-leaning posture that many people adopt when texting, going online, sending emails or playing games on phones and other mobile devices increases the risk of an early death in elderly people, and there are fears that younger people could also be knocking time off their lives.

I'll remember this when some young a-hole walks across the crosswalk when the light is green. Posture has NOTHING to do with it. :D

I read some status awhile back that 26K persons were killed or injured annually because of driving while using their cell phone. (talking and texting) I was going up against anti gunners clamming massive deaths caused by AR15s. FBI stats for 2011 was 512 killed by rifles and in 2012 I think it was 531. That is all rifles not just the AR's.

That's some serious spin on that headline. It says "texting", but the snippet basically says anything that involves sitting or hunching - which is about 90% of everything humans do nowadays. That probably includes reading this post. And posting it.

That's some serious spin on that headline. It says "texting", but the snippet basically says anything that involves sitting or hunching - which is about 90% of everything humans do nowadays. That probably includes reading this post. And posting it.

The quote has pretty much all that though.

If you haven't witnessed somebody getting into an accident due to texting while walking, then you haven't been outdoors enough.

If you haven't witnessed somebody getting into a car accident due to texting while driving, buy a lottery ticket because you're one in many million.

DARWIN RULES!

I see all sorts of shitty driving, and lots of people using their phones; but I rarely see the two groups overlap.

I drank from the garden hose and lived.
I say let'em live and learn.
Too many stupid laws and lawsuits
It all about control that we dont need
Fuckem.

I read some status awhile back that 26K persons were killed or injured annually because of driving while using their cell phone. (talking and texting) I was going up against anti gunners clamming massive deaths caused by AR15s. FBI stats for 2011 was 512 killed by rifles and in 2012 I think it was 531. That is all rifles not just the AR's.

You read an article for a few moments that said currently 26k persons are being killed using their cell phones?

What's an "anti gunner" and as a result of these statistics has your ideology driven you to be anti-cellphone?

By the time these people's drab and soulless lives take their trip into oblivion they won't care as they won't have accomplished anything of note in the last 30 years anyway.

The United Chiropractic Association (UCA) claims that poor posture...

Stopped reading there. I think i will take my sugar water pills now to combat increased risk from cell phone use.

LOL! Seriously? What is the opinion of the phrenologists, homeopaths, and Scientologists?

File this recommendation under "Quack" science research.

Seriously. "Lower life expectancy" from texting? The only way that even makes sense is if you are dumb enough to text and drive at the same time. Otherwise .. I don't even know what to say.

Fox News must have co-sponsored this study :rolleyes:

Only on [H] would someone be able to make the giant leap needed to connect a thread about how unhealthy it is to hunch over electronic junk all day to their thoughts about gun control so they could jump up and down on their soapbox.

Yeah ... the obesity from our sedentary lifestyle won't kill us early ... or the chemicals in our food, water, and air ... or driving or disease, but bad posture will send us to an early grave :confused:

File this recommendation under "Quack" science research.

Seriously. "Lower life expectancy" from texting? The only way that even makes sense is if you are dumb enough to text and drive at the same time. Otherwise .. I don't even know what to say.

Fox News must have co-sponsored this study :rolleyes:

Wow, so much anti chiropractor stuff going on here. Oh well, enjoy your life long issue with back pain once you end up getting that unneeded back surgery. :rolleyes:

I know, after all, "real doctors" know it all and have the shit together, right? Right? :rolleyes:

Hell, who needs modern medicine when you have prayer, right?

Buddy_christ.jpg

Hell, who needs modern medicine when you have prayer, right?

Buddy_christ.jpg

Modern medicine is fine but most doctors are just bull shitters. (They don't practice modern medicine, they are just pill pushers that do not give two craps about fixing issues.)

Never mind those who are driving and texting at the same time. Running through red lights and driving up sidewalks. Naw, that won't lower one's life expectancy one bit!

Modern medicine is fine but most doctors are just bull shitters. (They don't practice modern medicine, they are just pill pushers that do not give two craps about fixing issues.)

There are good doctors out there that aren't like that. The bad ones stay in business because the average patient wants to push the liability, responsibility, and work necessary to be healthy off onto their healthcare providers. That's the social norm.

There are good doctors out there that aren't like that. The bad ones stay in business because the average patient wants to push the liability, responsibility, and work necessary to be healthy off onto their healthcare providers. That's the social norm.

Sometimes yes, I can agree with that. However, I have been personally dealing with an issue for 9 years that causes me to get next to no sleep or REM sleep everyday. (Urinating 75 times in a 24 hour period everyday can do that.) I do not have overactive bladder but the doctors keep claiming that and trying to push pills on me. Not one of them want to actually sit down and solve my problem.

Sorry but, most doctors are just pill pushers and do not want to solve problems. These can be otherwise good doctors but are not able to think outside their little box to see what is really going on.

So last night hear it rained very hard, it was raining moderately hard today, as I'm driving down the street at 25mph (this is not an exaggeration at all) I see this big box truck parked on the street, I slow down because I think there's a stop light there, but then realize it's further up so remove my foot from the brake, only to have this dumbass staring at his cell phone walk into the street right behind the box truck, causing me to slam on the brakes he takes a step back and that's it, doesn't show any concern that if I didn't initially slow down he would be a stain on the street

Back