Text to speech options

Does anybody know of a freeware text to speech engine that has AT&T Natural Voices support. I already own the AT&T voices but I need reader software to use it. I've tried ReadPlease and TextAloud but they timeout after a few weeks.

If you paid for the AT&T Natural Voices (and you did, right?) you should easily be able to handle the cost of TextAloud since it's about half the cost of a single Natural Voice.

As for free, nothing that comes to mind. Once you get the voices installed and enabled you might be able to use the built in text-to-speech in XP but... it's not going to work anywhere nearly as well as TextAloud does.

I'm the happy owner of 4 Natural Voices and TextAloud. Amazing stuff.

I did some quick checking and while there are some totally free text-to-speech readers, none of them will work with Natural Voices - just with the Microsoft voices and Lernout & Hauspie free voices as well.

Just my $.02.
bb

Thanks bb, I needed a good recommendation like that. I figured that I would end up buying the Nextup product. I liked its handling during the demo. I appreciate your input

Back