• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tests for LCDs?

mentosm

n00b
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
7
Well, I just got a 2405FPW a few weeks ago. I have been totally happy with it, but the more I read on LCDs the more problems I see. Most likely I should leave it alone since I am happy how it is..

But I was wondering how everyone tests all the normal issues with LCDs, the banding images, backlighting, dead pixels and whatever other tests you guys do? Been searching but can't find much.

Thanks
 
If you're happy with it, why bother testing it? Just check for dead pixels and set the brightness etc to a comfortable level. Overanalyzing things isn't always the best option.
 
I doubt there is banding on the 2405s unless you got a bunk monitor. I just received mine and aznx just received his this past Monday and we both had ZERO issues with anything.
 
-=Antimatter=- said:
If you're happy with it, why bother testing it? Just check for dead pixels and set the brightness etc to a comfortable level. Overanalyzing things isn't always the best option.

I agree with you, I just had to make a very quick decision about a monitor without much research. Company got it for it me, had to order real quick. I would hate to research more, find mine does have some type of problem where I would notice it later. If there was a problem and I knew about it now, it would be easy to have it replaced.

I ran the deadpixel problem, and found 0 dead pixels.. So thats good.
 
Back
Top