Testing?

rdfraki

n00b
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
8
I just built my first sysrem! What should i useto ensure good heatsink installation / everything is working? Ive run a bootable memory test for a few hours and am going to let prime 95 go at it all night. Should i use anything else ?
 
game for hours on end and cehck the temps during play and when idle
 
My usual is to start with an overnight run of Memtest86+ with all tests enabled. After 24 hrs, "no errors" is the only acceptable answer. Then, I run the hard drive manufacturer's full diagnostics. Again, "no errors" is the only right answer. Then I install the OS.

Prime95 is a good way to make sure your CPU is doing it's job. While more or less useless as a benchmark, good old 3DMark is a very good way to heat up your video card as well as the CPU. Best yet it to launch an instance of Prime95 and 3DMark and let that cook overnight. If it's alive after 12 hours or so, you will know how hot your system will get, and you also know you have a very stable system...:cool:

If you are "going for the gold" as I described, you should also make sure you have Motherboard Monitor or something equivalent running....keeping an eye on things.

Regards - B.B.S.
 
Back
Top