AirPower4ever
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 20, 2009
- Messages
- 131
Not sure if this belongs here, but it does deal with drives. My question is I have an SSD and I want to test it using ATTO. Final got an SSD and great so far.
Looking at ATTO shows that there are different settings so I started reading up. Seems like there is no standard settings, read that people use the "Total Length" size to make their numbers look good. Some use the "Total Length" set to 8MB, some use 32MB, others use 512KB, etc. Saw others use the "Transfer Size" .5 to 8192 while others used .8 to 1024, etc.
Is there a standard setting that I should set ATTO at to test the SSD? What settings should I set the following to do the test
Transfer Size: to and from
Total Length
Queue Depth: leave at 4?
When you reply, the settings anyone provides, can those be used for platter hard drives? Are platter drive tested with different settings or the same will be okay to get data?
Thanks for your help
Note: Sorry, I forgot to add that ATTO version is 2.46. I noticed that the highest setting for Total Length is 2GB, not sure if this is needed for an answer.
Looking at ATTO shows that there are different settings so I started reading up. Seems like there is no standard settings, read that people use the "Total Length" size to make their numbers look good. Some use the "Total Length" set to 8MB, some use 32MB, others use 512KB, etc. Saw others use the "Transfer Size" .5 to 8192 while others used .8 to 1024, etc.
Is there a standard setting that I should set ATTO at to test the SSD? What settings should I set the following to do the test
Transfer Size: to and from
Total Length
Queue Depth: leave at 4?
When you reply, the settings anyone provides, can those be used for platter hard drives? Are platter drive tested with different settings or the same will be okay to get data?
Thanks for your help
Note: Sorry, I forgot to add that ATTO version is 2.46. I noticed that the highest setting for Total Length is 2GB, not sure if this is needed for an answer.
Last edited: