testing my s410 out on my street

milkymilk

Weaksauce
I was messing around with the exposure and white balance... these arent such good of pics though I enjoy the one where it almost looks daylight the one where the camera is facing the wall...

outside2.jpg

outside1.jpg

any suggestions? what happens when i mess around with the ISO? thanks :)

eek those look way over-exposed, try playing with the white-balance, maybe turn the exposure down some, its a start though :p

ISO can take the picture "faster" with less light, although the picture can be much granier when you get to ISO 400 / ISO 800.

My explanation of ISO probably isn't as good as what can be found on the web. Anyways, here it is.

The ISO has something to do with the sensitivity to light of the CCD in digital cameras, and the sensitivity to light of the film in film cameras. It can make the camera "faster" in low light conditions. ISO 200 is twice as sensitive to light as ISO 100. ISO 400 is twice as sensitive to light as ISO 200. ISO 800 is twice as sensitive to light as ISO 400. If you are trying to take pictures of things in motion, and the exposure is too long (from being in a dimmly lit area), say 1/4th of a second - you can increase the ISO sensitivity to make that 1/8th, or 1/15th of a second which is more acceptable for motion. A digital camera usually automatically adjusts the exposure time and arpeture/f-stop to the ISO, but if you know what you want the picture to look like you can adjust all of those manually to control how the picture comes out. (f-stop/arpeture also controls how much light gets to the CCD - except without the noise, althogh the camera usually lets in as much light as possible from this - it also controls depth of field...)

The only problem with the higher sensitivity of the ISO, is that the image gets "noisey." This is a lot more random static in the pixels, especially in darker areas of the scene. My camera (Nikon CoolPix 995) can do something below ISO 100 (in auto mode) and go up to ISO 800 - but at ISO 800 there is a LOT of static in my pictures.

Needs more white balance, and less exposure time. Other than that, just try and try and try until you get the perfect shot. Thats the advantage of a digital. :p

Back