test

mj-barton

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 28, 2003
Messages
158
I have been out of the hardware loop for 8 years and trying to play catch up. Looking to build an all in one multipurpose PC that also serves as a HTPC. I idea would be one central PC in the apartment living room. I've started the component list. But here are some answer to the standard questions. If there are any questions, I'll update my answers.

  1. What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
    1080P playback, ripping, H.264 encoding. Heavy photoshop. 3D Modeling using Soldiworks. Web browsing. Wordprocessing. Netflix and hulu streaming. Possibly serving audio or video streams to network devices.
  2. What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
    ~1200 USD. Tax and shipping not included. I've select components already. Let's fill the components list out and see where the price ends up.
  3. Where do you live?
    Seattle, WA, US of A
  4. What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
    Everything. CPU, PSU, CASE, SSD, HD, All in One Blueray/DVD Drive, Memory. Unless I specify otherwise, assume I don't have it.
  5. If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
    1080p Samsung 40" LCD
  6. Will you be overclocking?
    No.
  7. What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
    1080p Samsung 40" LCD
  8. When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
    2 Weeks
  9. What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
    Raid would be nice.
  10. Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
    Yes. Win 7 64 license.


Here's what I am thinking so far:
CASE:LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C32B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
CPU:Intel i5-750
MB: GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P LGA 1156
MEMORY: GeIL Ultra 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2200 (PC3 17600)
OS Drive: Intel X25-V SSDSA2MP040G2R5 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
MEDIA HD: Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EADS 2TB

What am I missing?
 
Back
Top