Test Your DirectX11 Performance w Battle Forge

SonDa5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
7,437
Right now Battle Forge can be played for free.

http://www.battleforge.com/portal/site/BattleForge/landingpage

Don't know much about the game but it is one of the first games that uses Direct X11.

5000 series owners enjoy.



directX11BattleForge.jpg
 
does the game have a benchmark option?


Ok I went to the Battle Forge WEB site signed up for the free gaming deal.

Downloaded the latest Direct X11 patch.

Tried to play the game. Not my type of game.

Set my options to highest settings and ran the benchmark to see how I compare.

Scored around 33 FPS with my 2 HD4770s in Xfire.

This benchmark only last about 20 seconds. :D

Screen shot from my benchmark.

BFbenchmarkscreenshot.jpg
 
Last edited:
That doesn't seem like it's worth the time of downloading and installing. I'll wait until a better alternative fr testing DX11 comes out.
 
That doesn't seem like it's worth the time of downloading and installing. I'll wait until a better alternative fr testing DX11 comes out.

+1

I saw a video of what it's about on the tube and instantly uninstalled. I'm not into RTS's or that orby type magical nerdy crap.

Dirt 2 ftw!
 
That doesn't seem like it's worth the time of downloading and installing. I'll wait until a better alternative fr testing DX11 comes out.

Well it is free and it is the only downloadable DirectX11 benchmark that I know of.
It also works with other video cards as I have tested for comparison between DirectX9/10/10.1/11 video cards.

So it's the only toy that we can play with for testing.


In any case I'm happy that my HD4770s in Xfire came close to the performance of the HD5870!!! :)
 
Ok I went to the Battle Forge WEB site signed up for the free gaming deal.

Downloaded the latest Direct X11 patch.

Tried to play the game. Not my type of game.

Set my options to highest settings and ran the benchmark to see how I compare.

Scored around 33 FPS with my 2 HD4770s in Xfire.

This benchmark only last about 20 seconds. :LOL:

Screen shot from my benchmark.

...

I don't understand...you tested the DX11 benchmark on your cards that don't support DX11? :confused:
 
lol. I was thinking the same thing, but just ignored it.

:D

Ok once again.

This BF benchmark is the only benchmark that I know of that benefits from Direct X11.

This benchmark is backwards compatible with all Direct X versions.

My HD4770s use Direct X10.1
 
A 20 second benchmark is rather useless though. I'll wait.

Go ahead and wait then.

In the mean time it's the only tool we have to see how Direct X11 and the performance of the HD5800 compares to other video cards.
 
That's great, its a useless tool imo and does nothing for me except waste my time. It's a game I'll never play and a 20 second benchmark really is useless and will not be an indication of overall performance.
 
For those wanting to test Direct X11 this is still available.
 
In any case I'm happy that my HD4770s in Xfire came close to the performance of the HD5870!!! :)

Did I miss where somebody posted their 5870 score so we know this is true?
Also, agreed that running it on DX10.1 isn't the same as running on DX11.
 
Did I miss where somebody posted their 5870 score so we know this is true?
Also, agreed that running it on DX10.1 isn't the same as running on DX11.


I was hoping somebody with a HD5000 series card would be enthusiastic enough to try out the only Direct X11 game and benchmark available.

I compared my score with the ones in the link above. (from a review)

I really don't think my over clocked RIG with HD4770s can beat all HD5870s but it happens to beat the benchmarks from the review. (again in the link above).


I'd like to see some ATI 5000 series benchmarks for comparison. (besides the ones in the review).
 
His 4770s aren't the only thing with less IQ. ;)


:rolleyes:
Ha ha very funny.

Do you own a HD5000 series card?

Is there any HD5000 series owners out there that would like to see how Direct X11 works?
 
here I will post a bench in a few minutes, note that it will be at the highest setting available with 8xAA and 1920x1200 resolution, to the person with hd 4770 xfire, please try to understand that dx11 and dx10.1 arent the same thing, and try to turn all the settings to max and turn up the AA to 8x and see where you get.

Alright just ran it on my hd 5870 running at 900/1250, with my q9550 at 4.1ghz.

this is with every setting at the highest it is allowed and with 4xAA and 8xAA at 1920x1200

41avg, 30min, 62max, with 4xAA, I don't trust the benchmark with min, because it always says 1 for some reason, I know thats wrong because running fraps ti never goes below 30.

35avg, didn't run fraps to record min, with 8xAA, I have to admit the game does have some pretty nifty affects and there is so much going on in the benchmark it is like the possible worst case scenario and the most stressed the card will ever be, I am sure in normal game the fps would be much higher, I don't think you are gonna have a crazy battle like that all the time in game.
 
Last edited:
here I will post a bench in a few minutes, note that it will be at the highest setting available with 8xAA and 1920x1200 resolution, to the person with hd 4770 xfire, please try to understand that dx11 and dx10.1 arent the same thing, and try to turn all the settings to max and turn up the AA to 8x and see where you get.


I'm perfectly aware of that. The review that I posted had a few different video cards compared to Direct X11 powered HD5000 card. My settings were maxed. Finally somebody with an open mind and interest in seeing how the Direct X11 performs. :)
 
thats cool, it is not the best dx11 game out there, I think it is just patched with dx11 just so they can say it is dx11, none the less the benchmark is pretty stressful to the gpu, I think the min fps will count the most in this scenario.

I just wanted to be sure what settings you had on them, lol this thread has been here forever and I thought someone would have posted some results with hd 5870 by now, I was just browsing the net one day and downloaded the game just because had nothing better to do, and came back to hardocp, which has become one my favorites sites to visit, since it seems to be most active when it comes to people like us, and I saw the thread again and reminded me oh why not just run the bench and post some results.

is there a way to run the benchmark in dx10.1 mode, be nice to see if I am actually getting more fps or less, I don't have anything other than windows 5 installed though, and I am not really willing to install xp or vista.
 
Thanks NKD. I'll give it a shot when I get home and see what I get at 2560x1600. I'm curious. I play RTS type games once in a while so this might interest me.
 
is there a way to run the benchmark in dx10.1 mode, be nice to see if I am actually getting more fps or less, I don't have anything other than windows 5 installed though, and I am not really willing to install xp or vista.


You mean you have Windows 7?

Direct X11 should work fine on Windows 7. I have W7 ultimate RC and my HD4770s use the Direct X10.1 shader technology.

I think Direct x11 will work on Vista as well. Not sure though.
I set everything as high a possible on the game settings and ran the benchmark.
CCC settings the normal 4xAA with game preferences locked. CCC takes some time learning to figure out which game settings work best for game. When CCC conflicts with game setting the game will not perform optimally.
 
In any case I'm happy that my HD4770s in Xfire came close to the performance of the HD5870!!! :)

I am comparing to a HD5870 directly. Along with a few other high end video cards.

This is where i got my comparison information:

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=842&pageid=5
You do realize that in that Driverheaven review the 5870 is running DX11, not DX10.1 don't you?
You can't make a fair comparison of your 4770's in crossfire running DX10.1 to a 5870 running DX11.

Your comparison is like saying a stock sub-compact car gets the same quarter mile time as a high end sports car, but you forget to mention the sports car is towing a couple tons of cargo behind it.
 
You do realize that in that Driverheaven review the 5870 is running DX11, not DX10.1 don't you?
.


Of course I realize that. That is the whole point of the review.
This benchmark is the only benchmark tool that I know of that allows different versions of Direct X and different video cards to compare performance. That is what makes it a good tool to see how Direct X11 powered cards compare to others.
 
Of course I realize that. That is the whole point of the review.
This benchmark is the only benchmark tool that I know of that allows different versions of Direct X and different video cards to compare performance. That is what makes it a good tool to see how Direct X11 powered cards compare to others.
Your picking apart my quote to only address what you want to hear.;)

You just took that phrase completely out of context, especially by only quoting the first sentence of it. Without the rest of the comment, that particular phrase has a different meaning. I was only specifically referring to this comment:
In any case I'm happy that my HD4770s in Xfire came close to the performance of the HD5870!!! :)
Everyone in this thread is well aware that BattleForge is the only DX11 game/benchmark out there at the moment, you don't have to remind us. However, I felt you needed a reminder that your magical OMGWTFBBQ 4770's in crossfire don't do DX11, hence your comparison to a 5870 running in DX11 mode is completely bogus.;)
 
Your picking apart my quote to only address what you want to hear.;)

Wrong. I just made it clearer. This thread isn't about me gazing at my HD4770 40nm xfire powa.

I don't care which video cards are compared. A little real time Direct X11 HD5000 series vs. all performance data would be good info at this point in time.
 
Wrong. I just made it clearer. This thread isn't about me gazing at my HD4770 40nm xfire powa.

I don't care which video cards are compared. A little real time Direct X11 HD5000 series vs. all performance data would be good info at this point in time.
:Facepalm:
Its obvious you don't care which cards are compared. Your the one who originally stated your 4770's xfire in DX10.1 = 5870 in DX11.
If this thread isn't about your "HD4770 40nm xfire powa," why do insist on mentioning them and all their grandness every chance you get? Why would you compare them directly to a 5870 running in DX11 mode?
 
:Facepalm:
Its obvious you don't care which cards are compared. Your the one who originally stated your 4770's xfire in DX10.1 = 5870 in DX11.
If this thread isn't about your "HD4770 40nm xfire powa," why do insist on mentioning them and all their grandness every chance you get? Why would you compare them directly to a 5870 running in DX11 mode?

:p You are silly. :D

I never stated that 2 HD4770x in Xfire = HD5870 in any type of direct X used.

I stated my scores of my benchmarks compared to the results at the WEB site.
 
:p You are silly. :D

I never stated that 2 HD4770x in Xfire = HD5870 in any type of direct X used.

I stated my scores of my benchmarks compared to the results at the WEB site.

I admire your conduct on [H], never letting yourself be baited. Even if you do have a strange obsession :p
 
I never stated that 2 HD4770x in Xfire = HD5870 in any type of direct X used.

I stated my scores of my benchmarks compared to the results at the WEB site.
Really? I guess I completely misinterpreted these 2 statements.:rolleyes:
In any case I'm happy that my HD4770s in Xfire came close to the performance of the HD5870!!! :)
I am comparing to a HD5870 directly.
I hope you now understand why many people in this thread had a WTF moment when reading your comments.
Your intent may have not have lined up with what you originally said. I'll give you that. Thanks for clarifying your original statements.;)
 
Last edited:
Really? I guess I completely misinterpreted these 2 statements.:rolleyes:


Your intent may have not have lined up with what you originally said. I'll give you that. I'm glad you finally clarified your original statements then.;)


Good to see you are over this.
 
Last edited:
I finally get to do my own test with this. :)

With HD5850.

Resolution at 1920x1080
CCC 3D settings:
standard: Quality
AA: Level 4x/Filter Edge-Detect/ Samples 12x
AAMode: Quality
AF 16x
AI: Advanced
MipMap: Quality
Super Sampling Enabled
OpenGl: Triple buffering

In game settings Maxed.

Benchmark Results with HD5850

BFHD5850benchmarknoOC.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top