Test image for 2405

Jensen

n00b
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
17
There is one thing that has bothered me about LCDs that I have used in the past. There is a different viewing angle for good contrast in dark areas than there is for good contrast in bright areas.

http://webpages.charter.net/shadowfax1/testimage.gif

On my notebook LCD, I cannot see all nine of the boxes at once (from about two feet away)
If I view the image from slightly above, I can see the black on gray, and if I view from slightly below, I can see the gray on the white.

If I back up several feet, I can view all the boxes at their correct luminosity.


Is the 2405 any better at displaying this image?
 
I can see them fine, being 3 feet away. I see the black/white/black, with the white box over top of them all. Is that it, or is there something else? You say siz? I count nine, unless we're countning differently.
 
I adjusted the curves on this image to exaggerate the effect.

This is what I see from a couple of feet away:

sample.jpg


I lose the white/gray contrast near the bottom, and I lose the black/gray contrast near the top.

If the 2405 doesn't do this when displaying the image fullscreen and viewing it fom a couple of feet away, that is a good thing.... the polorization is the problem on the notebook display (and the horrible 17" samsung TN panel I tried)
 
Here is my shot, looks pretty much the same as yours. Mine was taken from about 3 feet away.

Boxes.JPG


Its much more of a refinded difference in person.
 
Ok, I think it looks better than mine.... I've purchased the 2045, but I'm worried that I may not like it, as I don't like the other 2 LCDs I've tried.
 
Back
Top