Tesla Platform Shatters Record on Risk-Management Benchmark

HardOCP News

[H] News
STAC, an industry benchmarking organization that includes major financial institutions, just released results showing that the Tesla platform and K80 achieved a rare milestone. Tesla swept performance records across the board in one of the industry’s most closely watched benchmark suites, STAC-A2.

Developed with leading banks, STAC-A2 measures the performance of various platforms for pricing and market risk analytics. Financial institutions can use these benchmarks to help decide which computing solutions will best manage market risk – a task that has taken on greater importance since the 2008 financial crisis.

Cars, computers, same thing.

Sometimes I wonder if my conclusion that an active wallstreet was the worst thing for American business and hence the economy is correct, then something comes along to restore my faith.

Alrighty then.

I read the article, some parts a couple of times, and I still have absolutely no clue what this is about.

Sounds like banks have gone (or are going to) parallel processing platforms to squeeze every penny out of their investments and trades. The individual investor is doomed in this scenario.

Sounds like banks have gone (or are going to) parallel processing platforms to squeeze every penny out of their investments and trades. The individual investor is doomed in this scenario.

Individual investors have pretty much always been doomed, unless you have a huge hoard of cash and are super lucky... ;)

Back