Tesla CEO: Microsoft Might Make Our Car Run Over Black People

HardOCP News

[H] News
Tesla's ex-PR guy claims that the car company's CEO was paranoid that Microsoft Game Studios would make his car racist and slow. Sure, this guy might have an axe to grind but, if this stuff is true, yikes! :eek:

Maybe it will be the slowest car in the game!! Maybe they’ll have Volkswagen Bugs that are faster! And that’s if you’re lucky! They may just have it be a car that runs over black people. Now, Mr. PR guy, what are you going to do?! Maybe they will turn it into a racist car that runs over black people. And that’s the image you want for this company?!

Like how the Kinect couldn't see black people (which was a lie)? We also heard rumors that Bill Gates heads the KKK. He is only trying to eradicate malaria so the world has an exploitable cheap labor source. Plus, Steve Ballmer's grandfather helped bankroll Pol Pot.

It was a good read once you're done chuckling about the "Microsoft will use our cars to run over black people" line.
What they did to get the Tesla to drift for the shot in LA.... Just good stuff.

I never heard of Kinect having problems, as it uses IR.

There are various cameras and webcams that either don't track black people or give funny remarks when trying to autocorrect.

Particularly hilarious is when you try to take a picture of a smiling asian person, and the camera that has "blink detection" prompts if someone blinked and to shoot the pic again! :D

And I almost ran over a midnight Wesley Snipes black guy on my motorcycle a while back, as I literally could only notice the white of his eyes since he had on dark gray shorts and a black shirt at night.

Sorry homies, sometimes that UV protecting melanin isn't camera friendly.

LOL! Wow! Dude is out there, that's for sure.
Well it is true that public opinion can be shaped by sources people should realize are retarded. How many people do you know for example that actually watch Top Gear and consider their testing results valid? A lot more than you think if you check the forums.

If Microsoft made their car slow as crap and handle like poop and perhaps even run out of battery before the race completes, it could be an undeserved black eye for the company.

And there has been evidence of bias in these quasi-arcade game simulators over the years, about simulated performance and real world track performance.

Well it is true that public opinion can be shaped by sources people should realize are retarded. How many people do you know for example that actually watch Top Gear and consider their testing results valid? A lot more than you think if you check the forums.

If Microsoft made their car slow as crap and handle like poop and perhaps even run out of battery before the race completes, it could be an undeserved black eye for the company.

And there has been evidence of bias in these quasi-arcade game simulators over the years, about simulated performance and real world track performance.

I guess I am in the camp of. "If you use a game to gauge your car buying choices and or brand perception, you are probably fucking retarded". :p :D

Sounds like the CEO is bi-polar or something. Very odd behavior in my opinion. Rest of the article was alright.

There's a reason Elon Musk got rid of this guy and most of the senior leadership.

Like how the Kinect couldn't see black people (which was a lie)? We also heard rumors that Bill Gates heads the KKK. He is only trying to eradicate malaria so the world has an exploitable cheap labor source. Plus, Steve Ballmer's grandfather helped bankroll Pol Pot.

Well, at least one of these is true

I stumbled on an indieGOGO for "kite" a malaria patch which blocks the CO2 receptors of mosquitos. I found it was funny because the fund was essentially provided a means for the company to do human testing of the product on africans, later to be sold in developed countries, despite the actual chemicals involved being EXTREMELY cheap/easy to make alcohols/ketones.

many people don't know about the trouble that big pharma has gotten into using africa as human testing labs for unknown drugs, in return for malaria treatments/vaccines.

Such a complex world we live in.

many people don't know about the trouble that big pharma has gotten into using africa as human testing labs for unknown drugs, in return for malaria treatments/vaccines.

Linkage or I call conspiracy bullshit shenanigans.

. He is only trying to eradicate malaria so the world has an exploitable cheap labor source.
Well, that is the real reason the conservative lobby wanted to keep abortion illegal, and ignores illegal immigration. The more people, the cheaper the labor. They used the morality smokescreen very convincingly for many decades, until people finally woke up and realized that the conservative block didn't give a crap about people once they were born. Only the very few way right wing fanatics are still fooled into believing it's a morality issue. Actions do speak louder than words, even if it takes a long time to finally hear them.

Tesla's ex-PR guy claims that the car company's CEO was paranoid that Microsoft Game Studios would make his car racist and slow. Sure, this guy might have an axe to grind but, if this stuff is true, yikes! :eek:

Because if it ran over the orientals no one would be making our electronics anymore....

Back