• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TES: Oblivion - Weird, scrambled font

Xolair

n00b
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
20
Just got Oblivion today, since it was cheap and I've (actually) never finished it 100%, so guess it's not waste of money... :p

Anyway, there's one MAJOR issue that keeps me from playing the game fully. The font/text is scrambled and fuzzy in most of the spots including inventory, but all the dialogue text etc. are fine. Here's a shot:



It's the ''small'' font that is all fuzzy and scrambled. Has anyone had this kind of issues before? I remember experiencing the same with Crysis a long time ago, except the HUD icons got fuzzy too sometimes. Could it be a Windows font issue, or something? I'm running on XP... the rest of my system is in my sig.


P.S. No stretches/any other glitches in the graphics (at least yet), just the damn scrambled font. :rolleyes:
 
Nope, no overcloking/any mods installed. I guess if it was overheating or something, it'd mess up all of the texts but now it's just those... small-fonted ones. Weiird. :(
 
Have you updated your DirectX after the install of your card..You never know..Also look for a game Patch for it as well.
 
Nope, no overcloking/any mods installed. I guess if it was overheating or something, it'd mess up all of the texts but now it's just those... small-fonted ones. Weiird. :(

That is weird... I actually just installed Oblivion again, some of the mods out there are excellent. I remember my first run-through of the game, if there were any glitches it was because I was overclocking my video card.

Try the latest patch for the game, and install the 'unofficial' patch. You never know...

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296

"Natural Environments" is a must for Oblivion, as is Qarl's Texture Pack III. Other mods that I have installed are Ren's Beauty Pack and IFT Facial Textures. Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul changes a lot of the gameplay settings and, in my opinion makes for a better game.
 
Bwahahaha, that's by far my favorite MessageBox popup in the whole game. If the over-sized inventory didn't tip you off that it's a console port, it's the Xbox controller instructions for your PC version.

The unofficial patch does update hundreds of bugs, but I don't think your font issue is one of them. I hope it works for you, though. Otherwise it might be a corrupted font file or something. Have you tried a UI overhaul ("DarkUI'd Darn" is my favorite)?

Also, OOO does a lot more than change some gamesettings. It completely changes how NPCs scale to your level, adds a bunch of new quests, and a whole ton of new items.

Natural Weather is nice but sometimes it's just a little too oversaturated with yellows. AWS is a nice alternative. The Natural Vegetation, however, is a must-have IMO.
 
Damn, my earlier issues still seem to persist, less surprisingly:

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jeezoblivionbj7.jpg

Sounds like a memory management problem to me... assets not being reloaded. Try changing the size of your pagefile. Also make sure your PC isnt overloaded with fonts. Tidy up your system directory.

You have a 256MB version of the HD3850. Perhaps somehow the PC drivers are expecting a 512MB. Try drivercleaner and reinstall latest video drivers.

As a GPU memory test, turn texture detail DOWN... thereby freeing up more memory for other assets. If this fixes the problem... then we know its a GPU memory problem.

Someone suggested this in another forum, could it be possible? Doubt it'd be a flaw with the card itself though, as it's been tested to be fully functional by the company I bought this from... :(
 
wasnt for the fact thats a problem with your card.. Id say that would make a pretty cool character with a face like that!
 
Back
Top