Terrible Problems With BFG From A UK Customer

THE NEW CARD IS FAULTY!!!!!!!!

I just put it in my system and everything, including the POST screen, came out as lots of garbled squares and lines and you cant even see anything!!!! This card already had fingerprints all over the polished surface of the card which makes me think it was second hand anyway and was probably returned by someone else.

If I wasn't so angry right now I could cry. This big shot from BFG comes on here with his friends bragging about how amazining BFG customer service is, then makes lots of wild promises. Then he sends me the wrong card 2 days later and it's faulty!!

Now all I wish is that BFG's HQ would burn to the ground with all its jumped up useless pathetic employees in it. I am personally going to tell this story to every message board I visit and I will be sure to tell all my friends and every customer who comes in my store looking for a graphics card will be told to buy anything but BFG, I will then contact my buyers at head office and try to get them removed from store alltogather.

I took the day off work to wait for this card, now all I have to do for the rest of the day is sit here and look at the crappy paperweight this dribbling moron has sent me.

:mad:

Or I think BFG should have someone from their uk office call the store while I am there and give them credit card details over the phone so that I can take the card home. I promised a working 6800GT by today and I now have a faulty 6800 standard.

I'm so mad right now.

I just tried the card again, I double checked it was seated correctly and tried 2 different power connectors. This card is screwed.

Try it in other PC so You can say to them that You have done that to.

It's realy bad that this is happenign to You. But shit allaways happens and it will happen even with best companies (doo nto understand me wrong I'm not atacking or defending any Company).

In every comapany or every biger company You will find morons. Trick is not run into themm and there for You will have to have some luck to.

I was ready to by a BFG card butthere was/isnt noone who sells BFG in The Netherlands.
Then I was checking arround and found out that in Europe they have ittle action. Almost all happanigs are in USA. So I was afraid to have to deal with long shipping and posibilities that somethign get's wrong.

I gues most of Us who have working card are just simply lucky (for now)

After BFG I wanted some other brand name and Asus where crazy exprencive and they have hiden some facts over 10 models they make , Aopen was exremly exprencive to.
I wanted AGP 6800GT and noone have had it back then so I've took first I could and it was /is a Pixel View. I've seen sandard nVidia reference design with standard cooler(one with loud fan) I have never owned somethign from Pixel View and I was pretty sceptic. builded it in and was bit disapointed with results then I've seen Forcware drivers and light went on. It have allready payed it self out. It gave Me hundreds fun gaing hours and is still working flawlessly.

Like it runs in SFF PC and temp never goes over 72 C at full load. Friend of Mine with his SLI XFX has idle 70C!!?? That in Lian Li V1200 and with silencers on and with 600 watt PSU?

Enough about me sorry t hear Yu out of luck :(

Well reak John Malley post HE is giving You His E-mail and E-mai lof soe other Dude working in BFG. So direct contact with people ain't dumb even with [H]ard Forum member working for them. I gues He/They can strait it out for You.

BTW I still belive if they would send You good working GT You would be happy cause when they do work they rock. Maybe it's a time for them to send You a 7800GTX OC :)
Though it's PCI -e. Well I'll give You mine GT AGP for it :)

John Mallay one tip for You and BFG :) Give Him what was promissed and test it before You send it over a ocean. Insure it so if it happens it sinks down with a ship He will gett His money.

MD

I'll try e-mail him. I PM'd 2 other guys but they haven't bothered to respond at all yet. I wouldn't really be happy waiting for them to send me another one, I've waitied since last December to have a fully working card and I took the day off work today to get this sorted. I would also prefer not to have a BFG card at all to be honest.

I e-mailed the 2 people mentioned. I have told them that I want a fully working Nvidia 6800GT AGP graphics card by the end of today, which is exactly what they promised me before they started bragging to you all about how amazing their service is.

I am still awaiting any form of reply from them.

Maybe they sleep now they have different time zone?

Doo not expect impossible. Forget today it want happen even if they see Your E-mail right now and doo their best to help You.

Though maybe if they call BFG UK and they send somone (UPS, FEDEX or what ever) it could theoreticly happen still forget it.

Human factor is allways crusial thing.

You should better reroute home phone to Your cell phone and take a walk to some pub and find place on the sun in the garden and order Pint of Lager and enjoy whats rest of Your free day.

Then when You come home You will see it was better then waiting home getting agressive and sad :)

MD

Well it may seem unreasonable at first, but I want a working graphics card today. That's what they promised me and if they have to move heaven and earth that's what I want. I work for a PC retailer and I deal with couriers all the time and I know they can (at a cost) do same day delivery. Failing that they should send one of their UK reps to my house (at whatever cost) with a tested and working card, that person could then test this card if they wanted.

It's their fault the new card doesn't work and is the wrong one. The guy who PM'd me said he was sending it personally, he should have made sure it was the correct card, with all accesories, and as it was allready opened and clearly used he should have made sure it worked.

I only want what they promised to me, they come here and brag about how great they are to you all and now I want to see them put their money where their mouth is. If I don't have a working card by the time I go to bed tonight then they have failed. Big time.

LOL

Someone just sent me this PM

" Your BFG experience
This magnitude of incompetence is astounding.

I've had similar experiences with other companies, and I feel for what you're going through. It's all too common in this day and age.

BFG should be sending you a 6800U full retail box delivered personally by a supermodel who will see to your total satisfaction. And for the love of God, there better not be a mix-up involving the supermodel, let alone the model of card.

Good luck with everything!"

It would be nice if they did.

james, please stop postwhoring.

Your situation sucks, yes. I'm hoping we'll get a response from the BFG guys here shortly.

I realy doo understand You and what You expect.

Still if it's now 3:00 where they live and they are sleeping it want change anything and You will not have what You want. Maybe You should call BFG office in USA or even better in UK?
Ask for a highest ranking person then explain situation and link Him with E-amils and promisses and whole storry. Say to Him You expect it now. Say You have 7 months non functional card/cards and You have allready enough of promisses. Ask Them to give You what they have promissed.
Say that back then card was more exprencive and it allreday lost vlaue without You beeing even able to play with it.

Explain Your disapointment with BFG warrenty.
Explain disapointment in BFG product.

You gettign sick about this situation want help You or anybody else. That's why relax. Doo not forget and fight.

MD

Dude , you have a real opportunitiy to turn a negative into a positive. While I own a EVG card , I can assure you that BFG is a good company and if you tone it down a bit you just may find your self the proud owner of an Ultra. Play your cards right.

It appears obvious to me that their UK UNit has some real issues. Look at it this way. Your experience will facilitate the UK facilities goals of reaching the level of customer service the US facility does and will prevent similar mishaps to future buyers.

I trust BFG is going to make it worth your while if you show a willingness to be patient for just a little bit longer.

Another problem with BFG UK is that their cards are exclusive to PCWORLD (pretty much like Compusa in the US), who always do their best to scam as much money as possible out of Joe Bloggs. That means that their cards normally end up being the more expensive option for me (every time I've wanted to use one, there have been much cheaper alternatives). If BFG let other etailers sell their products, I'm sure they'd do better. I know for sure I'd be more inclinced to buying a card (I just don't trust PCWORLD at all)

Okay, I'm curious, you said that you got a new power supply, but what's the brand? If it's some no name 600w power supply I'm guessing it's crap and I'd suspect the power supply before all of the video cards. Ofcourse I can't say for certain, but that's quite a possibility. I think that the simple fact that the BFG guys are responding to the posts here and trying thier best to help is heads of heels better than ANY other company I've seen to date. The UK office may be crap but there's no reason to bash on BFG so much when they actually have people looking into your issues and trying thier best to help. This may be an opportunity for them to figure out what's wrong in the UK office and work to improve it. Just my 2 cents.

My PSU was £80.00 and is a top of the range model with a "silent" fan and neon lights and stuff. BFG reccomended it.

BFG's site claims they have 24 hour support, they brag about it on their boxes, so I would hope that one of the four people I have now personally contactd would respond, but maybe not.

I see no reason why they couldn't get a working card here today, it does not have to be an ultra, I just want them to deliver what they promised. After 7 months off hassle I think it's about time they did.

The reason for the tone of my posts is because I am very angry and upset with them, particularly as they constantly boast about how good their service is, yet after 7 months they are still yet to deliver anywhere near the service they promised.

i know how u feel m8...i bought an x850xt pe from overclockers.co.uk and it took 12 weeks for it to arrive!! i hope ur luck gets better soon and bfg send u a 6800gt or something better.

Mayhs

Ever since my first built PC I've used BFG-brand cards. 5700 Ultra in my computer, 5500 in my brother's, and now my 7800GTX waiting to be installed for my new AMD64 system. I've never had problems but it sucks for you to have gone through 3 cards and all being faulty.

Well I just had a call from BFG in the US. A very nice man told me that he would personally test and package a 6800 Ultra OC AGP and send it by UPS overnight, which will be with me on Monday, maybe Tuesday at the latest.

This is very good service, however my faith will not be restored now until Monday and when I have a working 6800 Ultra in my PC.

At least I'm a little happier now.

wow.. from a broken 6600GT, to a broken 6800nu, and now to a gaurnteed not DOA 6800ultra for JUST $299lbs.. dam... lucky guy.. just hope the 6800ultra doesnt get smashed by the postal workers :\

Ok, hold on a sec... You've been waiting 7 months?

Why the hell haven't you just gone out and bought a new one? You could easy have done that and just sold the replacement from BFG as soon as you recieved it (not as a scam attempt as you obviously wouldn't have known it was DOA).

Well His card was never proper functioning. When He got it it was costing fortune cause We in Europe get raped regualry and card was anyways 7 months ago more exprencive.
He didn't got satisfaction for 299 pounds He payed (400~500$ USA I belive?)

Then He got no real help on the phone.
Then He got promisses and got somethign lese even without package? Maybe even part ofa BFG that handles packeges send His new card to be repaired and somones old card to Him? So He got card that wasn't what they've promissed Him and card that doesn't work and has no additional stuff/goodies that normaly come with?

So He was hurt and now He is bitter/happy cause they are sending Him best card they make that can still go in AGP.

Well it is kinda of happy ending. That's if BFG is going to test a card before they send Him and that if they hold their promis about delivery date.

On other hand if they doo not I gues this theed will bcome very long one very soon :)

BTW I'm glad for You I hope You gett it all sorted out with some ultra Power.
If You are still bitter and doo not want BFG product in Your PC I'll trade You fro my 6800GT PixelView. You where anyways saying You are satisfyed with GT preformance :)

Good luck,

MD

I understand that he needed to follow up on the issue with BFG. I would definitley have done the same, but there's no way I would have gone 7 months with no decent GPU, regardless of cost.

Out of interest does anyone have the measurements of a BFG 6800 Ultra AGP? I hear they are huge and want to make sure the length is okay. My mobo is a full size ATX and my case is fairly large so it should be fine. Would love to be able to measure it up first though.

Wow, that sounds like a horrible experience. Personally, I've used BFG cards since my 5700Ultra, and will in the future. However, I'm in the US, and have access to that nifty phone number.

Unless you just had the world's worst luck with video cards, I'd also wager a guess that some component of your system is not performing up to spec. I'd be willing to help troubleshoot if you'd care to post specs of your rig. (Also nifty info like ambient temp and rather or not the computer's sitting on shag carpeting would be useful!)

Like I said, I've never had a problem with BFG products... But everyone slips up sometime! Give em a chance - If you speak to the right people, they will treat you right. If, after they've done everything for you they are willing to do, and you still don't feel satisified, walk away from the brand. XFX and eVGA are good competitors to BFG, and they'd be more than happy to set you up.

And for the record, my next video card - It's going to be a BFG.

My Rig is as follows:

Abit Guru AS8-V Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 640 (3.2ghz, 800mhz FSB, 2mb Cache)
1GB (2 x 512) Corsair DDR 400 in dual chanel mode, with copper coolers on both
600W PSU
Philips 16X Dual Layer DVDRW
16X DVD ROM
160GB SATA HD
160GB IDE HD (soon to be replaced with SATA)
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Soundcard
Coolermaster Cavilier Wavemaster Aluminium Case
Fan blowing over the hard disks from the front and one large blowing out on the back
Windows XP Home Edition with SP2

CPU Idle temp is currently 35 degrees, ambient temp is around 32 degrees. My 6600GT would run on average around 40 degrees. Under full load CPU temp can go as high as 55 and about the same for the graphics temp.

jameswinder said:
My Rig is as follows:

Abit Guru AS8-V Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 640 (3.2ghz, 800mhz FSB, 2mb Cache)
1GB (2 x 512) Corsair DDR 400 in dual chanel mode, with copper coolers on both
600W PSU
Philips 16X Dual Layer DVDRW
16X DVD ROM
160GB SATA HD
160GB IDE HD (soon to be replaced with SATA)
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Soundcard
Coolermaster Cavilier Wavemaster Aluminium Case
Fan blowing over the hard disks from the front and one large blowing out on the back
Windows XP Home Edition with SP2

CPU Idle temp is currently 35 degrees, ambient temp is around 32 degrees. My 6600GT would run on average around 40 degrees. Under full load CPU temp can go as high as 55 and about the same for the graphics temp.
Can I get a brand on the PSU, and rather it's 24 pin or 20 pin?
Model number of PSU would be helpful as well.
Are you plugging the PSU into the video card, or no?
Any overclocking?
What are the timings on the memory?
Did the memory come with the copper coolers?
Is Windows installed on the SATA drive or the IDE?
Are you reading the temps via Abit's uGuru software, through the bios, or with an actual temp probe?
Do you have the little-4-pin lead from the PSU plugged into the motherboard as well as the 20/24-pin adapter?

This is my PSU I think: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...20&category_oid=-23914&fm=5&sm=1&tm=undefined
It's dropped in price a little since I got it.
PSU is plugged directly into the video card (no splitters or adapters used)

No overclocking on anything

Not sure about memory timings, it's corsair value ram only though (matching pair)

Copper coolers were fitted by a technition for me

Windows is installed on the SATA

My temps come from Abit Guru but bios temps are roughly the same

Yes I have both leads plugged into the motherboard.

Is it worth mentioning that the TNT card I have borrowed is perfectly stable. And when I used 1 particular driver (as mentioned in my first post) my 6600GT was perfectly stable allthough slightly slower.

Thanks for your help, also I have still not found the measurements for the length of a 6800 ultra BFG, have you any idea?

jameswinder said:
This is my PSU I think: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...20&category_oid=-23914&fm=5&sm=1&tm=undefined
It's dropped in price a little since I got it.
PSU is plugged directly into the video card (no splitters or adapters used)

No overclocking on anything

Not sure about memory timings, it's corsair value ram only though (matching pair)

Copper coolers were fitted by a technition for me

Windows is installed on the SATA

My temps come from Abit Guru but bios temps are roughly the same

Yes I have both leads plugged into the motherboard.

Is it worth mentioning that the TNT card I have borrowed is perfectly stable. And when I used 1 particular driver (as mentioned in my first post) my 6600GT was perfectly stable allthough slightly slower.

Thanks for your help, also I have still not found the measurements for the length of a 6800 ultra BFG, have you any idea?

I still don't know about the PSU. Never heard of the brand before. You may want to ask in the PSU section if it's a good one. I asked about the Copper ramsinks, because if the technician that put them on chipped up the RAM a bit, it may have caused some instabilities. I asked about the Windows/SATA drive thing because some people have experienced instabilities running Windows on SATA vs. PATA. It normally boiled down to crappy motherboard drivers. Are you running the latest and greatest?

In all seriousness, it sounds to me like a power issue... The TNT runs on less power than the 6600, and if the old drivers didn't make use of the full card's potential, it's possible the card was draining less power there, too.

Corsair's got some good ram, but have you tried running Memtest86 yet? If you've not OC'd anything, not adjusted the memory timings, and everything is as fresh as the day you plugged it in...

A lot of this may seem quite redundant, but I'm trying everything I can think of to ensure that it's not the card that's freaking out. You mentioned testing it in another rig... Did that one have a name-brand PSU? If so, which one?

I must say, this situation sucks, and you're handling it a bit better than I would be. I do appreciate it not turning into a bitchfest.

the rails on that PSU arent too bad, but its voltage regulation is pretty bad. 8% regulation on the 12 volt lines? OUCH! That means it could run up to 12.96 volts on the +12volt rail and still be in spec, which is really bad.

DarkBahamut said:
the rails on that PSU arent too bad, but its voltage regulation is pretty bad. 8% regulation on the 12 volt lines? OUCH! That means it could run up to 12.96 volts on the +12volt rail and still be in spec, which is really bad.

But is that bad enough to cause a graphics card to not work at all?

jameswinder said:
But is that bad enough to cause a graphics card to not work at all?

It's bad enough to short out a card... I think.

Ever put 13V through a 12V setup? It's been a while since my basic electronics class, but I definately recall pretty smoke.

If I recall correctly, ATX12V allows up to 5% variance within its specification. What was the old PSU?

If you're going to get a PSU buy a brand name one that is known to be good.

OCZ
Antec
PC Power and Cooling
etc...

Your new one may be a bit better, but it's still bad. Why not invest in a good Antec or OCZ power supply? Also do a memtest and make sure your RAM is alright... that power supply, in my opinion is something I'd never get. It seems pretty cheap for a 600watt ps, most reputable companies will lable something 350W (Such as antec) when in reality it could possibly do 400watt stable easily under load. I usually don't trust companies who put the highest wattage possible on a power supply and try to sell it off as a good cheap solution for maximum power... with power supplies brand name is what matters the most for quality. You could very well have shorted all of your other cards and it may have been totally the error of your power supplies. Also, since you got the new power supply, have you tried it with any other demanding video card? A TNT has little power draw, it may be as soon as you're putting a load on the ps, it's freaking out and possibly shorting your video card. Just some possibilities, if this Ultra (which takes up A LOT more power) does not work, then I'd definately blame it on your power supply.

Gillette said:
If you're going to get a PSU buy a brand name one that is known to be good.

OCZ
Antec
PC Power and Cooling
etc...

I agree. There is an excellent thread in the PSU forum that mentions the best bang for the buck. Unfortunatly, all the prices are in USD, but I'm sure you can google the name of the PSU and find someone in the UK with them for sale.

Back