Terminator: Resistance

I’m actually a bit upset with fans.

“it’s not as good as the original”
“Lacks depth”

Ok so T2 was a poor movie, it’s a classic, but it was poor in a lot of ways. Arnie rides around trying to learn to be cool, Sarah Connor/Linda Hamilton is a badass and all, but really it isn’t a great film, very formulaic.

The sequels, as mentioned, are ok. A lot of people didn’t like them cause they weren’t similar to the source material. Same goes for Star Wars (eg last three movies in the saga).

In the past year or so I have played some games from the 80s, which at the time were awesome, now, they’re dated, not horrible, but dated.

Compared to modern games like Jedi knight, fallen order, prince of persia is crap. Look at it with rosy glasses and it was awesome and there were some amazing memories, same goes for terminator.

I liked dark fate. I liked this game, and judge both on their own merits. They both have references to the old material, (anyone get the Guitars and Cadillacs reference in dark fate?).

These things aren’t the same as they were years ago, and you can’t expect them to be, especially with the rosy coloured glasses of nostalgia playing a part.

Have they any plans to expand the game or story? Keen to give it a hoon (love setting/environment/approach) but bit longer play time would be cool.

40% off on steam right now...pretty fun game :borg:. A 60 page comic and an infiltrator mode were just added for free. Lots of entertainment value here for $24.

I like it because it scratches my shooting Terminators itch. :happy: As for the movie Dark Fate, It's basically a "We don't need a man to save us, so let's kill them off as much as we can" movie imho. Salvation at least tried to give us a glimpse of the future war so it has that going for it at least. The others had a few interesting ideas, but in general were average at best to bad at the worst. (After the first two movies i mean which were the best)

I haven't bothered to watch dark fate. Imo the first one was the best and the following movies kept getting worse and worse hah. I used to enjoy the old arcade games though and this is definitely better than those.

I know if you strip away the Terminator license, this game is pretty average, but the way it integrates the Terminator lore and ties the story of T1 and T2 together is really fucking good. Perfect pacing, too.. I finished at about 17 hours with lots of time exploring every inch of each map. You will have enough XP to max out the entire skill tree so you really feel like a bad ass by the last couple of missions. The patch that added the HUD options took it from an 8/10 to a 9/10 for me personally.

Only about 4 hours of content is really disappointing... if it's more than $14.99 that's a hard pass until it goes on sale, as much as I loved the base game.

I am stunned at the glowing feedback in this thread. I'd pretty much written this thing off a while back and now I'm going to be giving it closer scrutiny.

I am stunned at the glowing feedback in this thread. I'd pretty much written this thing off a while back and now I'm going to be giving it closer scrutiny.
Most of the problems I've heard are with game balance once you get things like the phased plasma rifle fully upgraded. It makes the game stupid easy. However, early on you can't hurt a T-800 as you have nothing that can penetrate their armor. Early on, you have to use stealth to avoid Terminators. Also, I heard early on that the animations were really terrible in spots but that it has been improved over time.

Probably pick this up during sale for some FPS action since Doom Eternal turned out to be platforming game. Oh wait. They call it traversing. Whatever.

Probably pick this up during sale for some FPS action since Doom Eternal turned out to be platforming game. Oh wait. They call it traversing. Whatever.

I feel your pain but it's still pretty solid for what it is. Pretty cheap these days, too. (Yes I preferred its predecessor quite a bit.)

As for this: $20 seems like a pretty good deal on a gamble going in with very realistic and modest expectations.

Yes it did. :(
Should have put platforming in the game description along with shooter. Every time I miss and hit the lava in DE there are 'ring a ding' sounds in my head like when you missed a jump in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Back to TR. Hoping for some good nostagilia from the old days when friends and I played the Midway T2 arcade game co-op at beach arcades.

t2.jpg

It’s definitely worth $20 if you have any interest in an FPS based in the Terminator universe, IMO.

I don’t regret spending $30 on it. Solid buy.
the Terminator lore and its integration into the game is really good and is definitely the best part about it. so if you like the Terminator franchise enough that you're curious to explore the universe in a game, it's absolutely great. but if you strip that away (e.g. if you played it having never seen the movies or didn't really like them) it's quite average with some clunky animation and stiff dialogue here and there. basically what i'm saying is, the more you love the Terminator movies (1 and 2 especially) the more you will get out of the game.

me being a Terminator fanatic, i could not put it down from start to finish.

Should have put platforming in the game description along with shooter. Every time I miss and hit the lava in DE there are 'ring a ding' sounds in my head like when you missed a jump in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Back to TR. Hoping for some good nostagilia from the old days when friends and I played the Midway T2 arcade game co-op at beach arcades.

View attachment 415942
The T2 arcade game is the best example of a quarter eater out there. It is so unfair and unbalanced.

Back