Terminal Services and Internet Explorer Trusted Sites

Gawd
I finally got all the documentation for my software converted into html and I want to setup a link to the help site on everyone's desktop (couple hundred people total) on my Term Services boxen. The problem I am running into is each profile has its own IE settings and I can't figure out how to add a trusted site to all the profiles. Is there a way to add a trusted site in IE for all the users on a term services box?

Running windows server 2k3 w/ active directory.

TIA for any help.

I think you can add trusted sites through group policy. If it is the one box, check local group policy. Or, if you prefer you can do it through Active Directory, use the GPMC tool Microsoft released. It makes changing group policy a lot easier.

personally, I would modify the local group policy since it's a User Config GPO, and by using a GPO the user can no longer add/remove/view sites (or, atleast in my case when I used it, this is what happend).

It's under:
User Config -> Admin Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel -> Security Page -> Site to Zone Assignment List

Back