terminal server type box for multiple users

hardc0re

Gawd
I need to have a windows 2000 box be used as a test platform with access to multiple users (10+) at a time. The connected users must be able to use the box as if only they were the one logged on to it. Currently, there is TVNC running on it but access is only limited to 1 user. Installing windows server is out of the question, is there any other tools available?

Windows Terminal Services/Server and Citrix would both do what you want. Note that when I say Windows Terminal Services/Server I am talking not about the Administrative version but the full version. In other words you need to buy a license, setup the license server, and then install software so that the users can access it.

windows terminal server, but you are going to spend money to do that. I think our last TS licenses cost $150 per user.

How long of a project is it? Can it be completed in 30 days? I think you can use terminal server application mode for 30days without a license server running.

windows terminal server is out of the question, I'm hoping for an alternative.
-The users have citrix already.

If you have Citrix then where is the problem?

I'm confused.

The only other thing I know of is Linux based, not Windows based.

i'll see if we can get the citrix access changed to include the apps that are included on the box.

hardc0re said:
windows terminal server is out of the question, I'm hoping for an alternative.
-The users have citrix already.

Do you have citrix servers or just the client?

Anyway I can't comment on this company as I have never used them but you can look at these guys if you can upgrade the box to xp from 2000. Seems pretty cheap if you can get it to work.

UHHHH.. if they have citrix then you already have terminal services. Citrix just sits on top of it as a value-add. You have to pay for the TScals to use citrix.

nm we solved it... just install the apps the box is using on the citrix of every user.

Back