Terminal Server Logon to domain.

Party2go9820

2[H]4U
Right now we run 3 Terminal Servers in a cluster for most of our applications. All users use a RDP session to connect to the cluster, and the get whichever TS has the fewest connections. When users log in they have to change the domain from TSNAME(this computer) to the actual domain, which is a minor annoyance for them and a major one for me. This change just recently occurred in the last 2-3 months, before it always came up with the right domain.

Most of the RDP clients are 5.2 (or whatever version is before 6.0). I've tried updating to RDP 6.0 and that doesn't seem to help. I've also looked in Group Policy and can find the part about saving usernames and passwords, but not the domain. Has anyone seen anything like this?

ya same thing happens on out term server, one way to get around is to login with domain\username instead of just username.

You aren't using RDP over the internet are you?

Most people use RDP over the net.....You can secure it using SSL

To the OP you should be able to put in a domain into the RDP client. When the user logs on they should be ok

Most people use RDP over the net.....You can secure it using SSL

To the OP you should be able to put in a domain into the RDP client. When the user logs on they should be ok

Holy Hell. That's it. Most of the saved .rdp icons have the domain defined, but many have the fully qualified name - domain.int. When I remove the ".int" the login box is correct.

I just tested and and I can break/fix it at will now by simply changing the domain.

Talk about a tiny picky thing that's been causing a huge headache for the last couple of weeks.

One other note, we do not allow rdp access over the internet unless it coming through our VPN connection.

Back