TERA Online OBT

Jeffxsee

n00b
Hey guys, I pre-ordered TERA and for those of us that did, it opens in one hour! Open beta starts tomorrow for those who want to give it a go. The code can be found on their main website. I'll be on Jagged Coast PVP. If anyone is interested in playing over the weekend just give me a private message! I've been in the CBT and it's pretty and fun. They added LFD, changed the starting location etc.

Hey guys, I pre-ordered TERA and for those of us that did, it opens in one hour! Open beta starts tomorrow for those who want to give it a go. The code can be found on their main website. I'll be on Jagged Coast PVP. If anyone is interested in playing over the weekend just give me a private message! I've been in the CBT and it's pretty and fun. They added LFD, changed the starting location etc.

I already have the game installed and patched up ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out, I like the idea of the combat system in the game, and the environments look great.

I must say it will take an awful lot for me to actually buy the game though, I'm really turned off by the character models (particularly the ridiculously sexualized females, not to mention the weirdo round dog people and the 12 year old girls in skimpy outfits) it's too bad that they went so crazy asian with the character style, the world and combat seem to have a lot to offer.

lol i made one of those wierdo round dog people for my main character. It's gonna be awesome!

From what I've heard, those girls are from the fairy kingdom and they're supposed to resemble fairies and such...

Haha the funny thing is those 12 year olds are actually supposed to be the oldest race that lives hundreds of years. Them asians and their loli.

See you guys in OB I'll be on Valley of Titans named Knil, if you're looking for someone to level with.

Haha the funny thing is those 12 year olds are actually supposed to be the oldest race that lives hundreds of years. Them asians and their loli.

See you guys in OB I'll be on Valley of Titans named Knil, if you're looking for someone to level with.

Ah, I tried to make a character there but the servers kept saying it was full.... Well good luck to you ! ;)

I pre-ordered as well, yet despite being able to log-in and pre-create my character a couple of days ago the game now refuses to run for me, giving me a "fatal game exception" error every time. Their support page is basically worthless, so I uninstalled and am re-downloading the game right now. Really hope this works.

Only thing I don't like is that it seems we're limited to one character... I'm going to see if that is expanded for Pre-Order players. At least PreOrderers get access to their Pre Order items. No word yet if the Collector's Edition items are valid as well.

I'll be on the Roleplay server, Celestial Hills, for those interested!

I played the beta awhile ago with that IGN code thing. All I can say is.. The combat in this game kicks the shit out of anything released in the last few years.

Only thing I don't like is that it seems we're limited to one character... I'm going to see if that is expanded for Pre-Order players. At least PreOrderers get access to their Pre Order items. No word yet if the Collector's Edition items are valid as well.

I'll be on the Roleplay server, Celestial Hills, for those interested!

It is limited to 1 character per server for everyone. One of the reasons is to prevent people from taking names.

I'd still be streaming the character creation screen. With more options in modern MMOs for character creation it is just too many choices lol...

Haha yeah it was pretty difficult to choose the specifics.. but I think I'm settled on the guy I have for now. Who knows, will probably change my mind at like level 15 or something.. haha..

If anyone wants to see the game I am currently streaming it on my twitch channel. Going to be leveling a lancer so I can get into instances easy :)

Anywho, link is http://www.twitch.tv/devvz

Thanks!

I watched you for a bit while you were level 8. Mainly fighting some local boss on a hilltop. Boy those early levels look kind of boring. Looked like you were hitting 2 skills over and over.

Game starts to get going after lvl 20 mostly. Which can take less than a day to get to. Lvl 1-11 is still the new player zone.

I watched you for a bit while you were level 8. Mainly fighting some local boss on a hilltop. Boy those early levels look kind of boring. Looked like you were hitting 2 skills over and over.

I have to agree with this, I played a few toons last night. The Prologue starts you off at level 20 with about 5-6 skills. But once you finish they bump you back down to level 1 with basically just 2 skills, so it's kind of a tease.

I created an archer, and it's literally just left-click spam until you get your first AoE. But even then it feels like a lot of redundant clicking. Hopefully it will get better later on, I just feel like they could have given you 4-5 skills to start out.

Game starts to get going after lvl 20 mostly. Which can take less than a day to get to. Lvl 1-11 is still the new player zone.

I think this will alienate some players. Most people want to have fun the moment they join the game, not have to wait until x level to have fun. I can't tell you how many games I've played where people kept saying "Just wait until you get to x level, or x skill, or your mount ... and then it'll be fun", just to find out that it still sucks even after hitting those milestones. I'm hoping this will be different because as stated above, the starter zone already feels very repetitive.

You are limited to 1 char for Open Beta to prevent you from stealing everyones names and shit as already said, Launch you get 8.

http://tera.enmasse.com/launch-schedule

You can create 1 per server. So if you want to try out different classes you can, they will just be on different servers at launch.

got to 21 yesterday, not much time to play today. i estimate i'll hit OB cap late saturday or early sunday.

playing a lancer on valley of titans

Does this game support SLI and CFX?

I can tell you it works great on nvidia surround portrait. I am using the beta drivers from nvidia web site. I have 2 480's in sli @ 3240x1920. I woke up at 6 am to play for an hour before heading to work. I can tell you it's been a VERY long time that I woke up early for a game. I have played rift , swtor, and wow recently, none gave me the urge to play before work.

Trying this out as well. add 'seraxi', as she'll be created in some form or fashion on every OBT server :)

Can anyone confirm that the 'warehouse' (bank space) will be shared among all characters across servers? I read somewhere that this is the case in Korean version.

thanks, maybe we'll see you this weekend!

I am taking the time to make a character of every class so that I can try them all before I commit to one. It's ingenious that they start us out at level 20 with two full bars of moves so that we can see exactly how your class will play in later levels. The boss fight at the end of the prelude hasn't gotten old yet as each class plays differently.

My favorite so far is the Warrior class as a tank. I felt the most slippery as a warrior, but I'm not so sure about the prospect of tanking as a warrior. I haven't tried the Lancer yet to see the difference. My least favorite is the Mage / Sorcerer. Yes the damage was fine, but I felt like I was playing every other mage in existence from RPG's to MMO's. Just this one I had to aim spells that the boss seemed to like dodging at the last second.

The archer was surprisingly fun to play but it didn't have the big number dps maneuvers. It was a string of smaller hits that added to the epic fun I was having.

The Slayer was just sick; right to the point that I pulled aggro from the boss and all the adds and died. :) I had way too much fun playing it!

The Berserker was so much fun until I killed myself aoe'ing. That's one of the dumbest game mechanics of all time.... I was having a blast too! I tried to block the boss's charge but he just lined it up to the side of me and nearly one shotted me. So suicide aoe and dubious blocking ability made me rethink rolling a Berserker.

Priest was all powerful and the dps was almost as good as the mage. Hate to meet one of those on a pvp server. Oh did I mention they can do sick healing too? The Mystic was so much fun to play; right until I intentionally stood in the second boss's swipe aoe and got one shotted. Hate to make that mistake in a dungeon and die. The port ahead move is fun and the pet that heals me is pretty cool. Not sure if the dps and tank will be willing to pick up my health pots to heal themselves though. The ranged dps pet that is more fragile than eggs is garbage though. Absolute garbage.

Update:

I finally made a Lancer and it's an infinitely better tank than the Warrior. Warrior is nice for people that have every animation that a boss does memorized, but for the rest of us the Lancer is much more forgiving. Warrior is still more fun per se but the Lancer makes more logical sense to tank with. Well at least level 20. :)

Off to have more fun! Hope more of you decide to try the Open Beta!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if this game is a grind like Aion was? Looks like its a Korean type game which usually are but don't want to write it off until I find out.

Can anyone tell me if this game is a grind like Aion was? Looks like its a Korean type game which usually are but don't want to write it off until I find out.

No, it is not.

And Aion is no longer a grind either :)

Wow, I quit Aion because of the grind. But I loved how beautiful it was, as well as it's flying concepts.

I'm with you Cageymaru :) At first I was kind of bummed out about the 'teaser' but then realized I could preview all the classes and decide what I like best, without leveling the class to 20 first, only to decide it's not for me.

I'm taking this time in open beta to decide how i want my future characters to look, not necessarily to cap out levels. Not settled on which server I'll play on.

I'm playing a level 32 Priest on Valley of Titans, really enjoy the mechanics of the class and healing in dungeons is very fun. Got into a group with a Lancer and Berserker and farmed SM several times in a row for golds and it went pretty quick.

There is no grind in the same sense as Aion 1.0. However, every quest is essentially kill, retrieve or deliver X. I'm not complaining, but if you're looking for an interesting quest system, this isn't an MMO for you. Following the quest line makes it super easy to level, I hit the level 32 cap in a day of play.

Downloaded it and played for a few hours. Descent enough for me to pre-order it.

you can redeem the preorder items as many times as you want (so you can get two earrings/rings).

if you're at the cap already, farming BAMs that have repeatable quests for progress tokens is good money, and you can use the tokens to buy blue gear up to lv37 i believe.

Was wondering if you can keep your character when the game goes live. Could you? btw, this is the most eyecandy MMO I've ever played to this date.

Was wondering if you can keep your character when the game goes live. Could you? btw, this is the most eyecandy MMO I've ever played to this date.

Yes.

According to EME, OBT characters will be deleted "after some time" if the account holder has not purchased the game. They have not decided how much time that will be.

So just watched a youtube vid showing races. It's a twelve year old's wet dream.

I saw on their website the open beta was only 3 days long? Or is that the time in which you can get in on the beta? If its only 3 days long I basically missed my chance to have fun with it due to camping and offroading lolol.

I saw on their website the open beta was only 3 days long? Or is that the time in which you can get in on the beta? If its only 3 days long I basically missed my chance to have fun with it due to camping and offroading lolol.

Beta ends tonight (4/23) at 11:59 PST.

Back