TERA Closed Beta

I pre-order the digital deluxe edition. I made a mystic and got him to level 11. It was hard at the beginning getting used to the combat and I could not tab to the next target. Once I got the fighting mechanics down, it was fun. I only group for the last battle to leave the starting zone. I will play this and GW2 when it comes out. Stick to the one I like the most. Overall I like it and it ran smooth on Nvidia Surround Portrait with the 285 drivers.

Not sure how far you got playing so many chars but the game picks even more the higher you go. For one the class distinctions become more noticeable due to the more skills added, especially with the melee type classes start to differentiate more. Also there gets more customization with in build choice with glyphs. PvE also really picks up more post 20 when you start to encounter BAMs and do dungeons.

That sounds great, I only made it to level 16 on my Mystic and 13 or so on my Lancer on the March 10th CBT weekend. If you get in one CBT, are you likely to get in the rest or do I have to hope for another Curse key giveaway? I'm leaning towards pre-ordering, just the normal edition, so I can play in the rest of the CBT's, keep my progress, and get a head-start on release. The combat is really fun, definitely interested to see how group play works out and how the game progresses as you level up. I've played a lot of MMO's and most of them don't hold my attention for very long or make me that excited to play, but I can't wait to be able to play Tera again :D lol

Each of the previous CBTs have had a giveaway method, if I find out the next one I will post as well. The last one from cursed has been the easiest to get though. The only problem is you lose your characters each CBT if you do not preorder. You could also preorder in a place that lets you cancel. But if you hit 16 and 13 you should be able to do 20+ quite easily on a single character, especially since the second time around you know what you are doing and where to go.

There is an upgrade option for the digital collectors (same +$10 difference) as well so no need to make that decision right away either.

To give you an idea the BAMs are kind of like the boss you do in the minidungeon to finish the starter island. They have more HP though and hit harder. Basically unlike the normal trash mobs you can't just face roll over the keyboard and still kill them. The dungeon has a mix of mobs and a final boss much larger than the one on the starter island. But that is only my impression after the first set of each.

^^^

Indeed! I saw that I had missed out on two other giveaways earlier in the week, just searching on google. Thanks dude! :D

^^^

Indeed! I saw that I had missed out on two other giveaways earlier in the week, just searching on google. Thanks dude! :D

Actually my "super special secret source" was just typing in "tera cb4 key" in google lol...

lol yeah I tried the same thing a few days before and found two but they had both run out. Good thing you're on the ball, I had given up for this week :D

Bah no keys, tried searching around for another site but no luck so far. If anyone has an extra could I have please? :D

just spend $5 to preorder it at gamestop, if you don't like it, cancel and get your $5 back. you get access to all betas

I may be able to provide a key from www.curse.com (if you have a Premium account there you're basically guaranteed one. I maintain a premium because I use their servers for all of my WoW/RIFT addon needs....well, most of them anyway).

Also, if you pre-order the game you'll make it in to all future betas. You can do it direct on their website to have access to the digital deluxe edition, too.

Huh, I guess this is the game I saw quite a few Koreans playing over here when I accidentally ventured into an internet cafe in downtown Songtan.

Looks like they are experimenting with giving players 30% less hp at <level 20 this CB.

Also I have one more key, if anyone wants one just post here.

Looks like they are experimenting with giving players 30% less hp at <level 20 this CB.

Also I have one more key, if anyone wants one just post here.

If that key is still available I'd love to try it out this weekend. If not I guess I'll have to shuffle down to Gamestop and lay down my $.

I had a blast in the Aion free beta weekends, my biggest concern is that just like that game we'll get to see all the cool stuff for free and then the rest of the game turns into a huge grind once the servers go live.

For people who don't know TERA is worth trying just for the ambitious combat system if nothing else. Apparently it plays like a console action game with no auto-targeting. That's a huge evolution in MMOs and people really seem to love how well it works.

Been signed up on the TERA site forever but never lucked into a key.

On the off chance someone gets a spare and doesn't have a friend who wants it, I'd use it over the weekend to test TERA out. Lack of a job gives me plenty of time to do it, and I'm sure they'd love some good feedback (been alpha/beta testing MMO's since EQ). ;)

I PMed both of you the last 2 keys I have. Maybe I should've spammed more accounts through proxies/vpns lol...

I'm starting to get really sick of lvls 1-22 lol... done it so many times trying out different classes.

They still have keys. Also you can apply the key you get to an existing account if you were in a previous beta to make that a full cb account, which means you can access those chars again.

I PMed both of you the last 2 keys I have. Maybe I should've spammed more accounts through proxies/vpns lol...

I'm starting to get really sick of lvls 1-22 lol... done it so many times trying out different classes.

Replied to the PM and thank you again.

Yeah the lower level repeat can suck, but if it gives them good testing data for a solid game, its worth it in the long run. ;)

Lost power for 2 hours or I'd be further along in the download than I am now and it's crawling now compared to how quickly it was going when I first launched it.

Np. You should try the facebook link above as well. It can be retroactively applied. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted my CB3 chars :p

Np. You should try the facebook link above as well. It can be retroactively applied. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted my CB3 chars :p

Grabbing one now, esp if it gets me into the rest in case I like what I see......

No job so can't afford to buy it atm unless I can wrangle some more Amazon.com credit somehow, but I've been curious for some time now about the game.

well i tried to play this game over the weekend, but i couldn't make an account because it kept giving me an error. Great sign for this MMO....

Playing in the Closed Beta here is my notes:

Launching P2P at the same time of GW2 is going to kill it.

This game simply is not worth p2p. It will be f2p within a year or it will never make a decent profit.

That aside I do love the combat system.

Playing in the closed beta won't tell you much seeing as there is a level cap and you don't have the patch the Koreans do.

If you want to learn more about it try
http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews

or watch http://www.twitch.tv/Steparu or http://www.twitch.tv/alleriya They know alot about the game and can answer questions.

I have a 60 Mystic on the korean version and I can say the endgame on Tera is a bit challenging. They have a built in "gearscore" check that if you don't have the a high enough item lvl you can't use the dungeon finder.

And we will never have Korea patches because they have to censor everything and screw up how things render because of it for god knows what reason.

Albeit yea I can go and install Korea files to uncensor it, but it seems really unnecessary.

well i tried to play this game over the weekend, but i couldn't make an account because it kept giving me an error. Great sign for this MMO....

These types of posts make me laugh so hard..

Judging a game around a 9 times out of 10 user based error while signing up is just sad lol

And we will never have Korea patches because they have to censor everything and screw up how things render because of it for god knows what reason.

Albeit yea I can go and install Korea files to uncensor it, but it seems really unnecessary.

Censor?

that code still worked for me. few friends have already pre ordered it, so might as well give it a spin for free.

i really look forward to this game... the gameplay is fresh and exciting.. and honestly im itching to get back into another MMO... well until diablo 3 comes out, then i might not be.. but at least this way i have a backup plan :p

Back