Tepid: Halo 3 Disc Replacement Program

vbrtrmn

2[H]4U
Apparently a bunch of discs which shipped in the metal H3 containers were scratched.

If you ordered H3 from somewhere and your disc was scratched, you can get it replaced free... good if you don't feel like shipping it back to wherever you got it from, only to possibly receive another scratched disc.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm

Microsoft said:
Xbox Disc Replacement Program

If, for any reason, you have a damaged Microsoft® Xbox 360™ disc and like to replace it, please review the information below:

THIS PROGRAM IS GOOD ONLY FOR XBOX 360 CONSOLE OWNERS IN COUNTRIES WHERE XBOX 360 IS SOLD AT AUTHORIZED RETAIL LOCATIONS.

NOTE: This program covers the Halo 3 Limited Edition Game Disc and Essentials Disc at no charge through 12/31/07.

This program only applies to games where Microsoft is the publisher, and is subject to availability. To check and see if your game is available for replacement, please review which Microsoft products currently fall under this program here.

You will need to print and complete the program form.

For additional terms and conditions on this policy, please review the Terms and Conditions.

Please allow two weeks for delivery.

Lol, please wait 2 weeks for replacement.

Thats as bad as my xbox 360 breaking yesterday. Good thing though I wasn't planning on buying Halo 3 anyway...

So lame of Microsoft. They should cross-ship if they want to clean up this mess. Just like when my Zune broke.....twice. My replace Zune broke, I was without a mp3 player for about a month.

So lame of Microsoft. They should cross-ship if they want to clean up this mess. Just like when my Zune broke.....twice. My replace Zune broke, I was without a mp3 player for about a month.

Sorry, but I disagree. Most of the scratched disks have still been playable; it's nice to see them step up to the plate like this within 1 day of release. Cross-shipping would open them up to people just keeping the two copies for awhile, or other messes.

This isn't really a deal and should probably be posted in the Console games forum, but I think it's a nice thing that they're replacing the disks. Personally, I got the standard edition so this isn't an issue for me.

Sorry, but I disagree. Most of the scratched disks have still been playable; it's nice to see them step up to the plate like this within 1 day of release. Cross-shipping would open them up to people just keeping the two copies for awhile, or other messes.

This isn't really a deal and should probably be posted in the Console games forum, but I think it's a nice thing that they're replacing the disks. Personally, I got the standard edition so this isn't an issue for me.

It's okay beacuse it's still playable? If this happened to me, I'd be disgruntled. I paid for a brand new game, I expect a brand new disc, not a playable one with many scratches. If I bought a used game, I'd settle for playable, but not for a brand new game.

Are you serious. You really think its ok for you to be without a game for two weeks, or the alternative, to play with a scratched disk when you paid for a new one? Get real. It's BS, and cross shipping would be the only way they can pay back with little disruption to the customer. Are you ok with this? Honestly?

I love Microsoft, maybe not as much as you, but i'm not a fanboy, i'm a consumer, and I expect only what a consumer should.

target told me to just return it since they got the memo a lot of the limited editions were scratched.

I don't see why anyone would be mad at MS for this? I would be more mad at the store I bought it at if they wouldn't let me exchange it, or if I bought it online cross ship a new one.

I don't see why anyone would be mad at MS for this? I would be more mad at the store I bought it at if they wouldn't let me exchange it, or if I bought it online cross ship a new one.

ya its definitely the stores fault that tons of games came scratched and they don't accept open boxed software returns.

Are you serious. You really think its ok for you to be without a game for two weeks, or the alternative, to play with a scratched disk when you paid for a new one? Get real. It's BS, and cross shipping would be the only way they can pay back with little disruption to the customer. Are you ok with this? Honestly?
Apparently you have no idea how a business distribution operates. :rolleyes:

How many people do you think would take advantage of cross-shipping? This isn't like a cross trade deal on [H]. Your dealing with a 100,000+ customer base. If you bought a game that was scratched, the best thing a company can do is verify the purchase and replace it. Just taking everyones word and cross-shipping would open the flood gates for everyone and their brother to get a free copy of Halo 3.

And heaven forbid people have to live without Halo 3 for a couple weeks. Since Halo 3 is the life force of the planet, shipping it back will cause worlds to collide and life will cease to exist.

:rolleyes:

How many people do you think would take advantage of cross-shipping? This isn't like a cross trade deal on [H]. Your dealing with a 100,000+ customer base. If you bought a game that was scratched, the best thing a company can do is verify the purchase and replace it. Just taking everyones word and cross-shipping would open the flood gates for everyone and their brother to get a free copy of Halo 3.

And heaven forbid people have to live without Halo 3 for a couple weeks. Since Halo 3 is the life force of the planet, shipping it back will cause worlds to collide and life will cease to exist.

This was pretty much my point (without the sarcasm ;) )

I honestly don't think it's a big deal. This game is going to be played for years to come, just like Halo 2. I'm far from an MS fanboy- in fact I'm pretty irritated because I'm getting a DRE error on Halo 3 currently that's keeping me from finishing the fight.

However this disk scratched snafu is being fixed by MS. Your other alternative is to take it back to the store. I've heard lots of anecdotal evidence of people swapping it out without issue.

I work at target, and we open each metal case beforehand (after explaining to customer) and check for scratched disks before we sell Halo 3 :cool:

ya its definitely the stores fault that tons of games came scratched and they don't accept open boxed software returns.

Yeah to bad they do accept exchanges on defective software for the same title. Its a shame really.

I work at target, and we open each metal case beforehand (after explaining to customer) and check for scratched disks before we sell Halo 3 :cool:

That's pretty cool, top rate customer service, rare for a large store retail store.

So we should be required to wait?

You really think Microsoft is dumb enough to just send a disk, not get one back in return, and let it go, not even billing the sender?

I know people will take advantage of a cross shipping program, but you know what, tough luck Microsoft, you screwed up

Oh and of COURSE. You can pay for something, and get it two weeks + later. No one will mind...right?

Obviously you've been pushed around a lot in your life, so since your so used to it, why would it bother you?

Cute sarcasm though

It's kind of sad that everyone is happy with Microsoft because they actually acknowledged thats they did screw up. Unlike the countless times they just blame it on the consumer saying your incident is an isolated one, or that they did "extensive" studies and determined that it was not their fault. RROD anyone?

It's no the store's fault. It's not like they sold the games knowing that they were scratched, nor was it in their power to prevent it.

Are you serious. You really think its ok for you to be without a game for two weeks, or the alternative, to play with a scratched disk when you paid for a new one?
but here is the thing, are you paying for a nice shiny new disk disk or are you paying for the use of the code on that disk... as long as you can run it in your xbox (which it may not... you never said if it did or didnt work) i wouldnt care how many scratches it had in it

but all in all im sitting here wondering why this topic is in the hot deals section

I got mine [regular edition] and it kept giving me and error, so I took it back to GameStop where I got it and they didn't check it or anything and chunked it into this box of probably 50+ cases taht were messed up.

just xbox 360 story.

my bud got Halo 3 the day that it came out at midnight and got home popped in the disc and started playing...an hour later he had to get a drink and came back his xbox was turned off...so he turned it back on a he got the Red Rings!!!. he was so pissed, so he called me up at 2 in the morning and we went to best buy and got a brand new 360. brought it back and finished the game....don't know what hes gonna do with the other 360.

This is a hot deal how?

Anyhow, lol, some of you guys get worked up and critical so easy. :p

It's no the store's fault. It's not like they sold the games knowing that they were scratched, nor was it in their power to prevent it.
I'm not saying its the stores fault, anything that is defective you can take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for a non defective item. The store will then send it back to the manufacturer (or throw away the defective item) and they will either be reimbursed for the defective item or be sent a new item at no charge.

People make a big deal out of everything.

Back