Tensor Cores

Sparky

2[H]4U
Any project going on where I can donate the use of my Tensor Cores?

Not sure if any projects actually use the Tensor Cores yet, but here is a rundown of projects and their behavior with the Turing RTX 2XXX series GPU's:

Amicable Numbers: this project loves Turing. 4+ million PPD on a 2080@70% power.
Asteroids: ???
Collatz: will not issue work to Turing GPU's
Einstein: most GPU tasks will fail with Computation Error almost immediately. Only a certain type of WU works on Turing and they are rare.
Enigma: will not issue work to Turing GPU's
GPUGrid: all WU's fail immediately with Computation Error
Milkyway: works fine on Turing. Performance isn't great due to Turing running FP64 at 1/32 Integer Ops speed.
Moo: works fine on Turing.
PrimeGrid: works great on Turing. Both Genefer and PPS Sieve tasks are really fast on Turing.
SETI: works fine on Turing

Last edited:
Load up on Primegrid PPS Sieve tasks. It'll help us in our competition.

Not sure if any projects actually use the Tensor Cores yet, but here is a rundown of projects and their behavior with the Turing RTX 2XXX series GPU's:

Amicable Numbers: this project loves Turing. 4+ million PPD on a 2080@70% power.
Asteroids: ???
Collatz: will not issue work to Turing GPU's
Einstein: most GPU tasks will fail with Computation Error almost immediately. Only a certain type of WU works on Turing and they are rare.
Enigma: will not issue work to Turing GPU's
GPUGrid: all WU's fail immediately with Computation Error
Milkyway: works fine on Turing. Performance isn't great due to Turing running FP64 at 1/32 Integer Ops speed.
Moo: works fine on Turing.
PrimeGrid: works great on Turing. Both Genefer and PPS Sieve tasks are really fast on Turing.
SETI: works fine on Turing

Thanks but I do not have a Turing.

Back