Tenkeyless Linear Touch Keyboard?

HeavensCloud

Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo
I'm looking to upgrade my Razer Lycosa. I'm starting to tap keys and it counts for 3 key presses because they are so damn squishy, typing is becoming impossible. I want to try out a tenkeyless board basically because they look sweet, and I could angle it better on my KB tray. I have never had a mechanical KB but I've done hours or research and I would like to try red switches.

I'm looking at this: http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,tenkeyless&pid=fc200rrab

I have never heard of the brand, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Leopold brand. I know this isn't being released until October but would work well for my November birthday, so I don't mind the wait.

Leopold is a VERY solid mechanical keyboard, Brian switched over to them when he was having fulfillment issues with getting Filco's in on a regular basis. That tenkeyless w/ the reds is going to be pretty sweet...

Another option is to wait for the US release of the CM Storm tenkeyless which will be available w/ reds as well, it will retail for $79.

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfirerapid/

Wow that looks badass. Where did you get the info about reds? All I see is:

Model Number SGK-4000-GKCL1 (Blue Switch)
SGK-4000-GKCC1 (Black Switch)
SGK-4000-GKCM1 (Brown Switch)

Key Switch CHERRY Blue / Black / Brown

^
Reds are available in Asia at the moment. Geekhackers are ordering primarily from a Taiwanese website, seems it sells very well for it's frequently OOS.

The Leopold vs Filco debate is pretty common around mechanical keyboard communities these days.

The bottom line is that they're both solid keyboards. In fact, they were both designed by the same person (Leopold is the newer design). The only differences are:

-the cases; leo has rounded edges, while the filco is more square
-stabilizers; leo has "cherry-style" stabilizers, which are more durable and less flimsy than the wire stabilizers on the filco, but detractors say that the leo ones aren't as good because they slightly change the feel of the keyswitch (as a modder and someone who frequently changes keycaps, i prefer the leopold/cherry design)
-leopold has removable cord, filco is attached
-other small differences including controller, feet, ect.

I recommend the Leopold, but they're both fantastic keyboards

I just got the leopold today actually for use at work. I like my noppoo choc mini better, and it was like $30 cheaper.

Back