• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Temps

Unless you live in Alaska, ur not getting 34C under load on air.
 
most people put a sensor on their HS and thats what they get, there is no way thats an actual cpu temp off air.
 
MGDMN said:
Unless you live in Alaska, ur not getting 34C under load on air.

why not? i get that with same processor and xp-90, granted my case has 7 fans.

edit: oh yeah and i dont live in alaska :p
 
Put up a cpu-z of your clocks and processor. Put up your Motherboard monitor to show us the temps. Then run PCmark04 while it is running the cpu test take a screen shot of it all and post it. I agree with nealie,if you can't post it ,you don't got it. Here is what I mean.
coolrunning.jpg

See there is pc mark04 running,cpuz shows you where I am running at and right below that is the Epox USDM showing you my sytem and cpu temp. Mine is so cool cuz I have an great water cooling system. Now shows us what you got and what you get for temps.

WZ
 
WeldZilla said:
I agree with nealie,if you can't post it ,you don't got it. Here is what I mean.
WZ

Maybe you dont believe us cause your running an intel processor which run alot hotter, your challenge has been taken, currently downloading pcmark05
:)
 
I guess i lose :( i went up to 35 C instead of the stated 34 C i said above :p

all this on an xp 90 ;)


untitled2.JPG
 
Here are my temps and such:


By the way i dont know how my fan is spinning at 5200RPMs, my comp is very quiet. Its just a silet pur :p

My temps went down because i have kept my comp on all night, helping the AS5 set in. I posted my temps under a new batch of AS5.
 
I get pretty nice temps with air cooling. Granted my room is usually on the cold side, but its not unbearable. I've got a P4 3.2 GHz at stock on an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe. CPU cooling is a TT spark 7+ heatsink with a vantec tornado 80mm fan.

encoding_load2.JPG
 
Temperature readings differ from mobo to mobo.

I just got myself a 3700+ San Diego and with the stock cooler I get 32 idle 42 load.
 
Most motherboards don't give you the correct temp, so people do what I did.

You place a temp sensor on the side of the cpu so it won't impede the contact between the HS and the CPU.

I used the CPU latch to hold it there and taped it on.

My 2.8C is @ 245 fsb and 32C idle -- 51C load

I have an XP-120 with a panaflo fan L1A @ max, the case is open and load is f@h running.
 
Back
Top