Temps on the X1800XT?

RacerX27

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
438
I just water cooled the card and I forgot to look at the voltage reg temps before and after.

Does anyone know the load temps for the voltage regs? How hot is too hot. The voltage regs are hitting 75c on mine after water cooling. 56c idle. I never looked or don't remember the before temps.


No more then 40c on the core and envio temps though. Under load.
 
Yes this is a big concern for me also . DD has a heatsink for these when using water cooling. I haven't used those yet. What I did was to use the rear fan as an intake fan to help cool them . Frozen cpu has a 4 pin fan that fits the cpu pin on the abit m/b . I had to use that because the M/B would shout down because no fan was detected even though I had it turned off in the bios. So I had to use these and it also served my purpose of cooling the v. regulators on the gpu.
 
RacerX27 said:
What temps are you seeing with and without your fan setup?

Without the fan about what you were seeing . With the 120mm fan it dropped 15c idle and load.
 
Back
Top