• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

temps for OCing

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 28, 2003
Messages
5,263
I have that 2600+ in my sig and my cpu hsf sucks donkey nuts because it's supposed to be for a server (it's really small) but it was teh only thign available when I got it. Thus I dunno if I can OC this thing much. At idle it's 44'C and at load I've see it hit 55 easilly, can I OC this thing or not without torching my cpu? Need some advice from some fo the more experienced OCers out there, thanks.

~Adam
 
55* is rather high for load without being overclocked, is it possible to grab a new cooler for it perhaps a slk900 or something? that should drop temps 15* even below the stock cooler and allow some nice overclocking
 
You can always do some overclocking. Hell, I can run my 2500+ with a 3 year old Duron heatsink with a delta fan on it. But why would you? Wait until you can get a good heatsink on there and then get a real overclock.
 
agreed.. one of the problems I have is my room is upstairs and it ussually is about 82 degrees up there all the time =/ and that's in the spring/summer transition, not even counting 100 degree texas weather.
 
g3no said:
55* is rather high for load without being overclocked, is it possible to grab a new cooler for it perhaps a slk900 or something? that should drop temps 15* even below the stock cooler and allow some nice overclocking

55 is high for load w/o OC? I idle at 33-35, hit 49-52 load.
 
Back
Top