I have a really odd problem with my internet rig.
In this computer I'm using an old Athlon XP 2000+ (Palomino, 1.75v), not overclocked, on an NF7 v2.0 board, 1GB RAM (2x512 MB matched Kingston ValueRAM, not overclocked). The CPU is cooled by an Arctic Cooling 2TC cooler (I've replaced the temperature probe with a variable resistor to control the fan speed manually).
Here's the thing: With a fresh application of Arctic Silver 5 (after cleaning of course) the CPU idles at 52°C (which is fine, it's always been extremely hot no matter what heatsink I've used). Now, when I turn the computer off for the night (I always do) and turn it back on the next morning the CPU idles at 57°C and won't go down again until I repeat the whole procedure (clean, reapply AS5). I've tried waiting a few days for the AS5 to settle, but the temperatures remain bad after the first day.
Nothing else has changed and my room temperature has remained constant at 23°C.
In this computer I'm using an old Athlon XP 2000+ (Palomino, 1.75v), not overclocked, on an NF7 v2.0 board, 1GB RAM (2x512 MB matched Kingston ValueRAM, not overclocked). The CPU is cooled by an Arctic Cooling 2TC cooler (I've replaced the temperature probe with a variable resistor to control the fan speed manually).
Here's the thing: With a fresh application of Arctic Silver 5 (after cleaning of course) the CPU idles at 52°C (which is fine, it's always been extremely hot no matter what heatsink I've used). Now, when I turn the computer off for the night (I always do) and turn it back on the next morning the CPU idles at 57°C and won't go down again until I repeat the whole procedure (clean, reapply AS5). I've tried waiting a few days for the AS5 to settle, but the temperatures remain bad after the first day.
Nothing else has changed and my room temperature has remained constant at 23°C.