Temperature Question

MGDMN

2[H]4U
Working with some bad temps here. In my bios, its reading a cpu temp of ridiculously high 63C. Using the motherboard monitoring software that was included with the motherboard, I am getting a reading of 47C-52C which I know are still horrible temperatures. Which one is the more accurate? Its an Asus mobo if that makes a difference.

I have sort of the same problem but the other way around. I also have a asus board and mine reads really low in bios. I get 37c to 44c in MM5 thats idel and load. But if I look in bios I see most times like 10c lower temps. Even with the asusprobe that came with the motherboard I get lower temps than I do with MM5. Right now I am reading 39c in MM5 and 28c in asus probe. I alwasy go with the higher numbers to be on the safe side.

It depends, but often bios temps are load temps. SO it might be worthwhile to make sure the cpu is given a workout.

Originally posted by MGDMN
Working with some bad temps here. In my bios, its reading a cpu temp of ridiculously high 63C. Using the motherboard monitoring software that was included with the motherboard, I am getting a reading of 47C-52C which I know are still horrible temperatures. Which one is the more accurate? Its an Asus mobo if that makes a difference.

With your system being overclocked, are you using an aftermarket heatsink?

Back