Temperature Question

Gearoid

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
82
Just put together the following system:

XFX 680i SLI mobo
2GB Corsair PC6400 ram
150GB WD 10k raptor HD
500GB WD 7200 HD
eVGA 8800GT 512
Corsair HX520W PSU
Q6600 chip
Samsung optical drive
Cooler master CM690 chassis.

I am just wondering what temperature I should expect the processor to run at with no overclocking and stock cooling?
 
That case has pretty good airflow, but it's hard to say it depends on ambient temperatures and a bunch of other factors. Is the CPU G0 stepping? You might see idle temps of anywhere from 30-almost 50 depending on how warm it is and how good the airflow is.
 
Airflow is provided by stock fans. I will upgrade later, I ran out of $$ after buying the system.
 
my cores idle at 48,44,44,45 with stock cooling no over clock and full load i get 68,66,65,67 with a crappy 36 CFM exhaust and intake fan on the thermaltake shark case so i would be happy with those temps.
 
Back
Top