• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Temperature Probes?

Decker87

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
415
Hi...I am trying to overclock my CPU. I am wondering what temperature probe to use...the one built-in, or the one from my fan master fan controller? I stuck the probe inside the heatsink, it's touching a big copper piece which is touching the CPU core (it's about 3/4 of an inch tall). The fan master says 27.6 right now, and the built-in one says 32. (My processor is actually underclocked at the moment from 1.8 to 1.4)
 
The one in your heatsink is definitely not reading CPU temp, and the built-in one is probably considerably off. I'd just go by the built-in one and gauge changes in reported temp between different overclocking settings, cooling setups, etc. As your CPU power output changes, this one is going to scale more linearly with that change.
 
Back
Top