Temperature overlay app?

I don't know of anything that can do what your looking for. But if you get Riva Tuner and run it as your playing your game, you can then exit the game, click on the temp graph and select the highest temp it will show what your temps are while gaming. Run riva tuner full screen and it should show more then enough time for your needs.
The only other option I can think of is getting a second monitor and run your temp monitoring software on it.

I have a 2nd monitor I might have to go that route then :(

I want to see temps in game because I want to configure my system so it runs at a safe temp when playing games, that menas I have to be able to see my temps while I play so I can adjust fan speeds and overclocks accordingly.

I dont want to have to buy a keyboard to see the info :/

I have a 2nd monitor I might have to go that route then :(

I want to see temps in game because I want to configure my system so it runs at a safe temp when playing games, that menas I have to be able to see my temps while I play so I can adjust fan speeds and overclocks accordingly.

I dont want to have to buy a keyboard to see the info :/

As Diablo said, RivaTuner will let you see back in time to the point of when you were playing the game. You can also log temperatures to a file using RivaTuner and use it that way. It might be after you're out of the game, but you'll have to be exiting the game in order to change fan and clock speeds to your liking anyway.

I don't know if this works for a crossfire situation, but I use GPU-Z on my 2nd monitor and it shows GPU load %, temps (core,mem,voltage regulator), and current speeds of core and mem. But like I said, not sure if GPU-z shows it for both cards. Maybe if you can run two instances of it?

I don't know if RivaTuner works (yet) with CF 4850/4870 setup, but it has an on screen display (OSD) function for all vital info (GPU temp, core/shader/mem clock, fanspeed etc.).

I use the OSD during gaming, it's pretty simple to use it. ;)

Back